YMT Vacations cancel our 4 Island-Tour.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 30, 2020
YMT Vacations cancel our 4 Island-Tour. They gave me an Travel Credit for 2 years. I asked on the phone I can get a refund on my Credit Card because YMT Vacations cancel the tour. The answer was no, because the government canceled. Can I claim YMT Vacations for a refund? Or should I claim by the Credit Card for a refund? In the Terms & Condition is noting marked how YMT Vacations will handle when they cancel a tour.

Mar 30, 2020
On May 6, 2020 to Hawaii for a 4 island tour. The cancelation was on April 3, 2020 by email:

RE: Extension of Tour Suspension through June 30

We are writing to inform you that in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the elevated travel restrictions, government advisements, and most importantly, to ensure the safety of our guests, YMT Vacations is extending the temporary suspension of global operations for travel through June 30, 2020.

YMT will waive fees and penalties and provide a future travel credit* for 100% of your land, cruise, river cruise, and optional tour payments, if applicable. This credit may be used on any future YMT Vacation. If you purchased air through YMT we will provide a future travel credit for the cost of the airfare less any applicable airline penalties. Note: Allianz travel insurance can be transferred to a future travel date. You will receive an email statement reflecting your future travel credit amount within the next four weeks.

To expedite the process and ensure you have adequate time to adjust travel plans without worry, we will automatically assign this future travel credit to your YMT account.

We regret this unprecedented situation and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we worked with our multiple cruise, air and land partners to come to this decision.

YMT Management

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I just went through this with Avalon Waterways on a cancelled river cruise of Normandy to start 3/20. I had booked air through Avalon as well, so I have a whopping credit. Their terms are the same as YMT's and I was happy to have the credit plus a small bonus toward a new booking. I've already rebooked it all into two new cruises. But I know Avalon and believe they will weather this horrible business downturn well, so I declined to ask for a refund. I think it's karma, somehow, that we should all share the pain of cancelled travel together. Both new trips are insured, and travel provider insolvency is covered. You may not feel the same about YMT and prefer to have your money back. If that is the case, read the terms and conditions under which you booked the trip originally to see what your rights are. If you are eligible for a refund instead of a credit, please come back to us and we'll tell you how to handle it.

Mar 30, 2020
The terms and conditions say noting's I are eligible for a refund or not.

TOUR CANCELLATIONS

YMT does its best to operate all programs listed, but many operational circumstances and program aspects are outside of our control, and as such, we reserve the right to cancel a program at any time for any reason. Should a program be cancelled or inoperative we will inform you as soon as possible about the cancellation. YMT is not responsible for additional expenses that may occur as a result of the cancellation, such as airline cancellation fees, visa fees, vaccinations, purchases of clothing or equipment for the cancelled program or other expenses.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If that’s the full terms about if they cancel a tour- it says nothing about a refund being provided so you probably don’t have a case of a refund vs a credit. Why wouldn’t you try to go within two years? What is preventing you from trying again next year or even the year after?

Mar 30, 2020
Yes that's the full terms about if they cancel a tour.
You answered me om March 30:
And I am concerned about the possibility of any of these cruise lines or lane suppliers staying in business. If they have your money and go out of business, you could potentially lose everything.
And this is my concern, I seek only a way to safe my money.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
If you rebook and insure the trip you should be fine. Be sure the insurance covers insolvency.

FOR ALL READERS Before booking travel, it's vital to know the terms and conditions under which you are booking. If the company doesn't furnish all the details, don't book with them. Know where your money is going, what it is buying, and where it will end up if the trip doesn't go as planned.