WorldStrides Refusing Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 16, 2020
I received notice that WorldStrides will issue a refund within 6 weeks of the departure date, 4/6/20. They will withhold $271 to pay for fees they claim they can't recover. I will continue to monitor my credit card statements until I see the credit.
Thank you for your assistance so far!
Good luck to on getting your refund. My son was set to leave to Washington d.c. on march 24th they rescheduled it for next year so he woukd be going with the 8th graders next year but he would be in highschool. So i cancelled it as soon as i found out. I paid the extra for the refund to make sure i get it. I think that was 249. They said i would have my refund on or around may 19th. They said it takes 8 weeks after the departure date. Still havent received it. Now they are telling me i will get it on july 7th which will make it 15 weeks after the departure date. I have been trying to talk to a supervisor to tell them that is unacceptable and if i have to wait that long then i should get the other 249 back too.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately, almost all companies are taking 90 days or more to provide refunds. They simply do not have liquid funds to refund everyone because in many cases they have already paid for services for the tours they had booked and are likely having trouble getting refunds from those companies. And then we all have to hope these companies are able to remain in business.

If you were told you will get a refund, you might want to contact your credit card company and dispute the charge.

Jun 16, 2020
I definitely realize that now. I thought i was doing good by paying the extra 249.00 for the insurance on it. So that way i made sure to get my money back. So one way or another i will get it back from them if i have to fight it in court or what when you pay almost 1800.00 for the trip plus a non refundable deposit of 49.00 and another 249.00 for the insurance to make sure i get my money back if there are any cancellations.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you actually file an insurance claim with Trip Mate?

HOW TO SUBMIT A CLAIM

Before you submit a claim to Trip Mate through your Travel Protection Plan, there are a few things you’ll need to have ready:

• Your Plan Number: UF380W for Travel Protection Plan or WPUF380C for the Ultimate Protection Plan
  • The departure and return date of your trip
  • Depending on the reason for the claim, Trip Mate may indicate further documentation is required.

Claims may be reported to Trip Mate by any of the following methods:

• Online – visit https://www.travelclaimsonline.com
  • Phone – call to 1.800.888.7292 during business hours.
  • Fax – 1.816.523.3379
  • Mail – Trip Mate, Inc., 9225 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64114

Jun 16, 2020
No i just cancelled my trip like they told me to do. I called them to cancel it they sent me an email while i was on the phone with them they had be put it in writing why i was cancelling it then send it back to them she confirmed she got it before i got off the phone with them and told me i would have my refund 8 weeks after the departure date which was march 24th. So i got an email that said i would have the refund on or around may 19th. That came and gone so i called them they told me that the new date for me to get it was july 7th which makes it 15 weeks after the departure date. They told me that their finance department is behind. They told me since i paid the extra 249 i was guaranteed my money back.

Jun 26, 2019
Totally unrelated, but I canceled a pre-payed non-refundable airport hotel room with 7 days free parking with "ParkSleepFly" and as a result of the virus, they agreed to cancel and issued a full refund. Said it could take 30 or more days, but the refund only took about 2 weeks. Just Kudos to "ParkSleepFly" for being a stand-up operation.

Reactions: jsn55