Walmart pay card can't verify online account help

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 28, 2019
I have a Walmart money card I got when I filed taxes for my refund when I tried to register online I went to log in and it went to email verify well the email it shows the .com is missing the c so it's .om so I can't verify email and when I call customer service they said there is nothing they can do my tax person is the one that set that up and put in the email and my daughter in law set up a pin but it's saying wrong pin but she swears that is the pin but customer service says I have to log in online to change my pin I need help how can I change my pin or get into my online account help please my refund is on the card but I can't get the money off with out the pin please help me

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Is this what happened?
  • The Walmart login requires an email address for the card you received
  • The email address was incorrectly entered by your tax consultant missing the "c" in ".com"
  • When you enter the ".om" address the Walmart site sends a confirmation email to that address
  • The process fails because there is no ".om" address (invalid)
If this is correct, then your tax consultant needs to give you a new card and enter the email correctly. The PIN does not seem to be the isssue . . .

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Is this what happened?
  • The Walmart login requires an email address for the card you received
  • The email address was incorrectly entered by your tax consultant missing the "c" in ".com"
  • When you enter the ".om" address the Walmart site sends a confirmation email to that address
  • The process fails because there is no ".om" address (invalid)
If this is correct, then your tax consultant needs to give you a new card and enter the email correctly. The PIN does not seem to be the isssue . . .
That’s exactly what I was going to suggest. Go back to the tax preparer.

Reactions: VoR61

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Depending on the amount, your next option is small claims court. But you have not stated yet if what I summarized is true. Please let us know . . .

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Is he the owner? If he put in your email incorrectly he needs to fix it. Is this a large tax firm like HandR Block?

He made the mistake, he needs to fix it. I would be in that office first thing in the morning and not leave until I had a new card in hand.

Reactions: jsmithw and VoR61

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Is he the owner? If he put in your email incorrectly he needs to fix it. Is this a large tax firm like HandR Block?

He made the mistake, he needs to fix it. I would be in that office first thing in the morning and not leave until I had a new card in hand.
Actually, Neil, given the tax person's response, I suggest cash, money order, or cashier's check . . .

Mar 28, 2019
Yes that first response is correct and no it's just him and his girlfriend and they come to the office whenever they want they are not there all the time

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Should be able to get cash for the money order/cashier's check at any bank (including the tax preparer's) . . .
Not without an account unless you go to the bank that issued the check. There are such things as counterfeit money orders too so banks just don’t cash things for strangers . But check cashing places might and charge a fee for it.

I just asked the former banker...

Reactions: VoR61

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Walmart will not help you. Their system can't be bypassed. Maybe "him and his girlfriend" can work it out with Walmart, but no matter what, the problem is theirs to solve. Otherwise, small claims court.

Do you mind sharing the amount with us?

Reactions: Neil Maley

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Not without an account unless you go to the bank that issued the check. There are such things as counterfeit money orders too so banks just don’t cash things for strangers . But check cashing places might and charge a fee for it.

I just asked the former banker...
Better the $8-10 fee than losing the whole refund . . .

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Thank you. That explains it all (to me). Your tax preparers could be out that much if they have to give you another card. And that amount is more than most small claims courts will award. Be careful that they don't "disappear" (not show up for work, won't answer calls, etc.).

And by all means, document everything (times, places, calls, emails,etc.). Try to communicate via email if you can . . .

Reactions: bignevermo

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Perhaps "they" can convince Walmart of the "oops", but that's a guess on my part. Walmart won't act on your word, as you did not issue the card. "They" did, and "they" need to fix this . . .

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
Wow, I’m befuddled.
How does a private person issue a Walmart card, and how did you find out the email address mistake?
I don’t see how you can even be sure that the $6400 is on that walmart card.
Sounds like a scam to me. How did this private person get your refund? Did you sign it over to him?
Did he say he is advancing you the money? Did he charge you a fee for that ?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Wow, I’m befuddled.
How does a private person issue a Walmart card, and how did you find out the email address mistake?
I don’t see how you can even be sure that the $6400 is on that walmart card.
Sounds like a scam to me. How did this private person get your refund? Did you sign it over to him?
Did he say he is advancing you the money? Did he charge you a fee for that ?
That’s exactky what I think he did. I’ve never heard of something like this. Did he take a piece of your refund to advance you the money in a card?

This does NOT sound legit.

Your state has a Bureau of Public Accountancy. You can file a complaint but I might also go to your local police station and report this. Maybe they can put pressure on this guy. This sounds like a scam. A legitimate accountant would have normal office hours and be there every day because it’s tax season.

https://cpaverify.org/file-a-complaint/