VAYAMA no customer service to answer calls and emails; Airhelp travel insurance NO HELP AT ALL

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 27, 2020
If you check the reviews of unhappy customers of Vayama in BBB, there is one thing you will notice: customers could not contact Vayama and if they happen to send you a message stating they will get back to you, you will forever be placed in a limbo of uncertainty of getting your money back for a cancelled flight. My brother's plane fare which I paid with my credit card was eligible for refund per first email response from a rep of Vayama thru email. I did confirm back to them to please refund and never heard after that. I complained through BBB and was given a response that they will check with the airline. Now I am uncertain the credibility of their word that they will help me get my refund. Most reviews complaints were unresolved issues after waiting..This is really frustrating.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We are seeing many complaints about these OTA’s. You won’t get the kind of service booking with these type of companies you would had your booked with a regular travel agency- that’s the offset of using these companies.

Have you contacted your credit card company?

May 30, 2019
Some questions you can answer that can help people on this forum help you:
  • What are you trying to accomplish?
  • For what airline was the cancelled flight? Did you cancel the flight, or did the airline cancel the flight?
  • What was the itinerary? Did the flight originate or terminate in the US?
  • On what date did you book it, and for which original dates of travel?

Reactions: Rachel1005
Nov 22, 2019
you say in the title that AirHelp no help at all.
It is not a travel insurance, just a company that does the paperwork to get money from the airlines when something goes wrong and it is covered by the European rules (and take 33% as a commission). They also do not get your airline refund, just the fine/compensation the airline is supposed to pay.

May 27, 2020
wow!!!! THANK YOU ALL for taking time to respond and give me information....I am amazed with the welcoming support of people in here...The flight was cancelled by the airline (Phil Airlines)... and yes, I disputed the charges with capital one... I was so confident that it will be an easy refund however, capital one credit card re billed me because when they called PAL , they were told that Vayama is the one that needs to fix the cancellations for refund... Flight is from Phils to SFo March 27th... I wanted a refund of my cancelled ticket.
We are seeing many complaints about these OTA’s. You won’t get the kind of service booking with these type of companies you would had your booked with a regular travel agency- that’s the offset of using these companies.

yes

May 27, 2020
you say in the title that AirHelp no help at all.
It is not a travel insurance, just a company that does the paperwork to get money from the airlines when something goes wrong and it is covered by the European rules (and take 33% as a commission). They also do not get your airline refund, just the fine/compensation the airline is supposed to pay.
so they cannot help me get my refund from Vayama for a cancelled flight?

May 27, 2020
Some questions you can answer that can help people on this forum help you:
  • What are you trying to accomplish?
  • For what airline was the cancelled flight? Did you cancel the flight, or did the airline cancel the flight?
  • What was the itinerary? Did the flight originate or terminate in the US?
  • On what date did you book it, and for which original dates of travel?
1) get my full refund

2) Airline-Phil airline cancelled the flight
3) Bacolod-Manila-SFO(USA) round trip March 27th departure
4) I booked February 15th/// March 27th- April 15th

May 27, 2020

Yes

Nov 22, 2019
so they cannot help me get my refund from Vayama for a cancelled flight?
No, they don't do refund, just penalties defined by the law (in Europe). It's like an Uber of attorney that takes a very generous commission for itself.
You should contact VAYAMA for refund, and never use them anymore!

Jun 24, 2019
I've commented on another thread and I'll repeat here. Capital One is obligated to investigate a dispute and report to you the results. It looks like OP's trip included the US, so DOT rules apply re refunds, regardless of what the contract says. I would complaint to DOT and CPFB. DOT about the lack of a refund, and CPFB abot Capital One's handling of the dispute.

May 27, 2020
Thank you all for your responses...I really appreciate such support. I emailed the customer relations manager...no response...Im going up the ladder till I reach the CEO as advised by Elliot...will keep you updated ..God bless us all...stay safe, strong and healthy everyone! I will also consider the information and tips you have all given me.:)still trying to smile with all these happening...

May 27, 2020
I've commented on another thread and I'll repeat here. Capital One is obligated to investigate a dispute and report to you the results. It looks like OP's trip included the US, so DOT rules apply re refunds, regardless of what the contract says. I would complaint to DOT and CPFB. DOT about the lack of a refund, and CPFB abot Capital One's handling of the dispute.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!BIG HELP!

May 27, 2020
THANKS BE TO GOD !!! THANKS BE TO GOD !!!! THANKS BE TO GOD !!! Hallelujiah!!!! HELLO ALL!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :p:p:p:D:D:D wanted to share with you some good news !!!!!!.... So i just received a response from Vayama!!! see below... so what were the steps I did: 1) I was persistent ..sent them a number of emails per day. 2) Filed a complaint with BBB..their response was just to wait etc...I did not accept response stating that they have to indicate until when are they going to act as I will just end up just one of the many who have been waiting forever.3) I emailed from Elliot's directory (THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH for the link )customer relations manager...Just tonight I emailed the vice president of customer operations and told her I am stepping up the ladder since I am not getting any response....Thank you all for all your support...I hope this is another resource/info for someone on the same boat as I am...One down! Now i have Turn key left for my dispute...Thank you again..its just comforting to be backed up by people like you! may God bless you for all that you do to help!...just received another email from a regular staff apologizing for the delay...
The airline has processed your refund, and we can now start to refund the outstanding amount into your account. We will use the account which you used to make the booking.

It may take up to 10 working days before the amount is visible in your account.

Attached you will find the cancellation payment overview.
Booking number VUS- $1209.00