United email about inability to board plane for Israel without proof of place to quarantine for 14 days while in Israel

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Mel65

Mar 23, 2015
I remember that the email stated that I had one year from date of purchase to use - which for us would have been July of 2020 (we bought the tickets last July). I am also almost positive that it said that if the tickets couldn't be used by a year from purchase then a refund was possible. It was for this reason that I then canceled and requested refund. It is certainly possible that United has subsequently changed its policy but I am pretty certain that as of that email the information was as above. That's why I would like to see a copy of the email that was sent at that time. Thanks.
You may have gotten an email similar to one I got in March or April that said "blah blah.. refunds "may be given" or some such. But the "may" referred to if it was a refundable ticket to begin with only, if I remember correctly when I checked for our flights to NY and Hawaii. If your tix were refundable, then they're refundable, period. But, if not, then the "may" is not going to apply to you.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
At this point rather than trying to guess what's going to happen, I suggest we wait and see what actually does happen.

Reactions: weihlac