Ticketmaster

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 11, 2019
Just received Ticketmaster refund for Canadian Olympic Swim Trials seating because the event was cancelled. $800. Have the same amount held hostage by SeatGeek for seats for March 29 MLB Toronto Blue Jays vs Red Sox because the event has "been postponed." No way will we be able to return to see the rescheduled event. Only resort SeatGeek suggests we try to "sell" the tickets on their website. It would be ethically/morally responsible for the MLB/Jays/Sox to cancel all games and thus allow refunds not rainchecks. Suggestions on how we can motivate this appreciated!

Jun 24, 2019
We are seeing many complaints about third party booking tools that are considering these as postponements, not cancellations. Contact your credit card company after March 29.
They are considered postponements and not cancellations because the leagues say so. Your ire should be directed towards MLB.

Jan 11, 2019
We are seeing many complaints about third party booking tools that are considering these as postponements, not cancellations. Contact your credit card company after March 29.
They are considered postponements and not cancellations because the leagues say so. Your ire should be directed towards MLB.
[/
Do we have contact info for the MLB or can "our" team get it for us?

Sep 19, 2015
I have the same with concert tickets. No refund as the concert is postponed -- to when no one knows, but Ticketmaster says it is up to the "event organizer".

The email actually says :Your event is still happening, but at a future date yet to be announced." and that "If the refund link is not appearing, the event organizer is not offering refunds at this time."

Are the seat geek seats from the organizer or reseller?

Jan 11, 2019
I have the same with concert tickets. No refund as the concert is postponed -- to when no one knows, but Ticketmaster says it is up to the "event organizer".

The email actually says :Your event is still happening, but at a future date yet to be announced." and that "If the refund link is not appearing, the event organizer is not offering refunds at this time."

Are the seat geek seats from the organizer or reseller?
From reseller Seat Geek

Aug 19, 2019
Honestly, whether a league, performer, or ticket seller wants to call it a "postponement" or "cancellation" should be irrelevant. Similar to an airline cancelling or making a major schedule change (despite some attemption, you should be able to choose to get a refund if the event can't go on substantially as planned. It's not reasonable to expect that every attendee can or would attend a rescheduled event.

Personally I would make that simple request to the ticket seller's customer service email, wait a reasonable time (a week?), and if a refund isn't forthcoming dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Reactions: mmb and Patina
Jun 24, 2019
Honestly, whether a league, performer, or ticket seller wants to call it a "postponement" or "cancellation" should be irrelevant. Similar to an airline cancelling or making a major schedule change (despite some attemption, you should be able to choose to get a refund if the event can't go on substantially as planned. It's not reasonable to expect that every attendee can or would attend a rescheduled event.

Personally I would make that simple request to the ticket seller's customer service email, wait a reasonable time (a week?), and if a refund isn't forthcoming dispute the charge with your credit card company.
Keep in mind that there are time limits in which to dispute a charge, generally 60 days after the statement on which the disputed charge appears. And concerts these days often sell tickets well in advance of the appearance date.

That doesn't mean that our OP should not complain, but be prepared for the response, and don't delay in filing the claim.

smd

Mar 14, 2018
S

I agree with you, but unfortunately that is not how Seatgeek's terms read. Here are their terms published on June 18, 2019. Term 7.3(b) is:

Event Postponement. If an event is postponed, SeatGeek will work with Buyers, on a case-by-case basis, to attempt to resolve the issues. Refunds will not be issued for postponed events, unless they are cancelled.​

Assuming the OP agreed to these terms when he purchased the tickets, he's not likely to win a credit card dispute.

Reactions: R.L. and Neil Maley

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I watched an interview with a celebrity who was angry that about ticket sellers who are doing this. I don’t remember who it was but she said it is impossible to reschedule concerts easily.

Jan 11, 2019
S

I agree with you, but unfortunately that is not how Seatgeek's terms read. Here are their terms published on June 18, 2019. Term 7.3(b) is:

Event Postponement. If an event is postponed, SeatGeek will work with Buyers, on a case-by-case basis, to attempt to resolve the issues. Refunds will not be issued for postponed events, unless they are cancelled.​

Assuming the OP agreed to these terms when he purchased the tickets, he's not likely to win a credit card dispute.
The MLB et al need to be morally responsible and cancel the event.

Jun 10, 2019

However, that's standard in baseball--if your game gets rained out and rescheduled, whether it's the next day or months later, there are no refund options--your tickets become valid for the rescheduled date, whether you can make it or not.

I think the problem right now is that no one knows what a partial MLB season would look like. If you had "Opening Day" tickets, and "Opening Day" is in August, that may be considered a rescheduled game in the same way that a rainout is rescheduled. If the plan is something like the ones being floated now where games would be played in two or three states and without fans, then clearly MLB will issue refunds and at that point the resellers will also reverse transactions.

Jan 17, 2019
MLB is suggesting an abbreviated season with all games taking place in Arizona without spectators. I assume Ticketmaster will count these as being valid games and refuse refunds even though no one can attend. After all, the games are being played.