Success in tickets being refunded

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 31, 2018
Some airline “good news” for a change. Short story - family trip scheduled and tickets purchased back in December for family trip to France via UAL 3/12-3/28. Nonrefundable tickets, both economy and business. Travel ban announced 3/11 at 6 PM, we were due to leave the next day. As everyone knows, phone times inordinately long so we cancelled on line so not to be marked “no show”. Initially given 12 month flight credit, only valid to complete travel by 12/2020. Last week, I was offered an exchange to ETC. Using the “3 P’s” recommended, I was persistent and just received refund in full to credit card of purchase! So hang in there, be polite and keep trying, you never know!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
WELL DONE! That's incredibly speedy ... you must excel at the "3Ps". Thanks so much for sharing some positive news.

Apr 15, 2020
Some airline “good news” for a change. Short story - family trip scheduled and tickets purchased back in December for family trip to France via UAL 3/12-3/28. Nonrefundable tickets, both economy and business. Travel ban announced 3/11 at 6 PM, we were due to leave the next day. As everyone knows, phone times inordinately long so we cancelled on line so not to be marked “no show”. Initially given 12 month flight credit, only valid to complete travel by 12/2020. Last week, I was offered an exchange to ETC. Using the “3 P’s” recommended, I was persistent and just received refund in full to credit card of purchase! So hang in there, be polite and keep trying, you never know!
Can you give more detail as to how you were able to get UA to refund you?

Jul 31, 2018
So sorry, wasn’t aware of your request for information. If you’d like to take this off line, I can give you the nitty grotty. But the basic synopsis is, I just kept calling back. LMK if you want more details.