Refund due but not received after 28 days

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Dak

Apr 21, 2020
Refund due to UA clerical error of $1410.95 began processing on March 24, 2020.. The refund was to be credited to my Chase credit card. In two calls to UA Reservations, separated by about a week a supervisor confirmed the amount and that the refund was in process. In a third call an agent said it would be made at the end of that week. It wasn’t and still hasn’t been. The refund comprised $1334.75 for ticket XXXXXX + $76.20 (an erroneous fee of some sort).

Edited by moderator to remove confirmation number.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We have a company contacts page on this site. Under airlines you can find the contacts for UA and email them one at a time to try and get it corrected.

This is how to write to get it resolved:

Let us know if it works.

Reactions: jsn55

Dak

Apr 21, 2020
Neil, thank you for your initial reply as how to best approach this issue. The ladder list of UA personnel elliott.org maintains was really helpful. I started with an email (the template really helped) to the lowest level person above those accessible by a generic phone call to Reservations agents and their immediate supervisor(s?). One email to the Director of Reservations resulted in a phone call the next morning from the Refund Department apologising for the delay and saying the refund had been made as we spoke. It posted to my credit card a few days later, today.

Thank you.

Dick Holmquist

Dak

Apr 21, 2020
Neil, thank you for your initial reply as how to best approach this issue. The ladder list of UA personnel elliott.org maintains was really helpful. I started with an email (the template really helped) to the lowest level person above those accessible by a generic phone call to Reservations agents and their immediate supervisor(s?). One email to the Director of Reservations resulted in a phone call the next morning from the Refund Department apologising for the delay and saying the refund had been made as we spoke. It posted to my credit card a few days later, today.

Thank you.

Dick Holmquist
My email was to the Director of Customer Care, not to the Director of Reservations.