Priceline gave me an Express Deal Car Voucher that is Impossible to Use

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 1, 2020
I prepaid for a Priceline car rental that was non refundable. I chose one of the first available listings, not realizing it was an Express Deal. Due to the covid virus, my trip was cancelled. Priceline had the policy of refunding, yet up to the individual carrier. Even though Thrifty refunded in full for covid, Priceline refused to refund me but gave me a full voucher to be used only on a future Express Deal car rental. Fast forward and I am rebooking my trip for late September. Easy to rebook everything but my car. Priceline offers NO EXPRESS DEALS on car rentals. It is impossible to use the voucher. The Priceline supervisor told me she has no idea if or when they will offer Express Deals again but to daily watch the website. Nothing after 2 weeks. I would like to rebook a car and use this voucher. Is there anything I can do?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Why can’t you use the voucher on a non express deal? Does t it give you a dollar value for a credit?

When you book in your own you need to be very careful of what you are doing. Nonrefundable and Express deals aren’t often just that.

Jun 1, 2020
Unfortunately, there is NO place to enter a code on a non-express deal. Believe me, I have looked and tried over and over to find that option. Apparently since this voucher applies only to an Express Deal, that is the ONLY way I can use it. Lesson learned not to book non-refundable. To be honest, I didn't even realize that I was booking anything out of the ordinary since I rarely make the car reservation myself in the past. I would like to use it on a car rental in general, but Priceline doesn't make that possibility for me.

Sep 26, 2017
I would escalate this one to the executive contacts. Given the situation, they may be willing to bend the rules, but you don't know if you don't ask.

Reactions: jsn55
Jun 1, 2020
I'm a firm believer in asking to be an exception to the rule if necessary! I spoke to a supervisor and then asked to speak to her supervisor. She took my contact info and that was the last I heard, 12 days ago. Do you have executive contact info or could you tell me how to find it? Thank you!

May 1, 2018

Be polite and ask for an exception. Do not simply write to the CEO or send your request to all the executives at once. Start with the primary contact and then work your way up the list. Allow at least 1 week for a reply before moving to the next contact up the list.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you look our company contacts tab (on top or side of our site depending on what you are using to access) , you’ll find the contacts for Priceline under Online Travel Agencies.

This is how to write:

When you write make it clear you understand you are asking for an exception because they just don’t have any Express Deals. I would ask for a credit to be used for another type of car rental or booking if they can’t refund you.

Reactions: Skippy
Jun 1, 2020
I wanted to post an update after contacting the Priceline Executive Offices. I first emailed the Primary Contact, being respectful but asking for an exception. I received a reply the same day from a different person in Executive Offices. She informed me in her reply on 6/1/20 that I could travel to San Antonio from June 18-20 and use my Express Deal voucher. Otherwise, she suggested I keep watching for another Express Deal over the next 3 months or consider using another airport. I immediately emailed the Secondary Contact. After 5 days and no reply, I emailed the Chief Executive and it has now been 6 days with no reply. Each time, I was courteous and asked for an exception. At this point, I have contacted my credit card company and am disputing the charge. I don't know if anyone will come of this. It can take 30-60 days, I was informed. I have found some Express Deals offered at Priceline through July, but nothing afterwards. I am very disappointed with Priceline and don't expect to use their service again. If anyone has other thoughts to help me with this Express Deal voucher issue, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Jun 1, 2020
Today I have a happy resolution! On 5/22/20, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Priceline. Today, I received an email from the BBB with a letter attached from Priceline stating that they are issuing my credit card a full refund for the car rental. I highly recommend this route to anyone else who is coming up empty with other methods.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Today I have a happy resolution! On 5/22/20, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Priceline. Today, I received an email from the BBB with a letter attached from Priceline stating that they are issuing my credit card a full refund for the car rental. I highly recommend this route to anyone else who is coming up empty with other methods.
This is great ... I've never heard of BBB doing anything at all for a consumer. Well done, Lori. Going forward, don't let "cheap" be your guide for buying travel, but instead try to book direct so you have some protection from a company with some customer service. For the record, renting vehicles through Costco domestically and AutoEurope internationally will almost guarantee you the best rate.

Reactions: justlisa and LoriW