Paypal Fraud from online pharmacy

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 12, 2019
I purchased from an online pharmacy for medications that cost much less than a regular pharmacy...
I used PayPal and spent a total of $ 226.28...
I heard that since this happened recently I have 60 days and Chase Bank will cover this fraudulent purchase.
Has anyone encountered the same scenario?, if so I would appreciate any/all advice on this most important issue...

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
I purchased from an online pharmacy for medications that cost much less than a regular pharmacy...
I used PayPal and spent a total of $ 226.28...
I heard that since this happened recently I have 60 days and Chase Bank will cover this fraudulent purchase.
Has anyone encountered the same scenario?, if so I would appreciate any/all advice on this most important issue...
What do you mean you used ‘Paypal?’
Was it a Paypal CC or the Paypal platform and you used your bank credit or debit card ?
Either way you need to file a dispute with the bank card used, be it BoA, Chase, Paypal or some other brand.
When you use PayPal as a payment platform, you still have to choose your source of payment.
What was that source?

Feb 16, 2018
If the online pharmacy is based in another country, it is possible that the package was intercepted by CBP. Many of the online pharmacies ship illegally to the US. They also ship products that are not same as the brand name that they claim to be.

Reactions: ADM and Neil Maley
Sep 19, 2015
How did you find this pharmacy? By the way I do understand the problem -- had this with an elderly relative and medication that was needed and that had an outrageous price in the US -- but I will not go into that because of the legal issues.

Contact paypal, they should have buyer's protection, hopefully you did not use family and friends....