No mention that room had stairs

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
As a hotel manager and a hotel management company I think the properties offer was fair. I would have done the same. If a hotel lists absolutely everything about a room and it's property in a popup or window on a reservation-- the hotel will be told, "I didn't see your cancellation policy because I had to read five paragraphs about the steps and bed size." It becomes clutter in the middle and causes more than it achieves.

I also do not know why this is deceptive. I am not told when making reservations that a room doesn't have steps, or not often.
I sincerely disagree. I read all the sections of descriptions before I book a room. I want to know exactly what I am getting and not getting in the room.

Reactions: jsn55
Apr 1, 2019
I sincerely disagree. I read all the sections of descriptions before I book a room. I want to know exactly what I am getting and not getting in the room.
No one will agree 100% on this. At this point I would offer the guest a few more points and wish them better luck at another hotel when they are in town again since we are unable to make them happy. This would finish it.There has been too much time going between the guest and management over this issue. I am not saying the guest is all right or wrong, or that I am. Guests pay our salary but not when it gets into overtime. I have no ill feelings as a person or a manager. I just want this issue to be complete. It will be noted so that if it comes up again we can see if there is an issue. We are always learning.

As a side note: During special events at some of our hotels we would change the descriptions on the bulk of our rooms to : A room with one bed or A room with two beds. That’s it. It consolidates 12 room types into two (2). It eliminates much confusion and complaining. At two other historic hotels we have “Rooms”. That’s it. Too unique to describe. One has a spiral staircase and another has a sunken living area that is four steps down.