No live Comcast agents - no one answers the phone

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 5, 2020
Comcast has apparently done away with their agents for now. For about a week, no matter what prompts I have chosen, you do not get to an agent. It loops you back to the main menu or off to the BOT SMS. The BOT does the same thing. Choose something like "no connection" which normally gets you to an agent, and you get a Corona virus message that they are transitioning to a work from home for their customer service reps. I can appreciate that and some disruption is possible, but a week? For an Internet provider? Most companies have accomplished this overnight. While they might have some hiccups and extended wait times, they got it done. Comcast cannot even post an accurate message. I have poked around and found this is happening widely.

Attachments

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Staff are working from home but Comcast has ALWAYS been a problem trying to get on the phone. I start online and end up getting someone eventually on the phone. But I’m sure they are overloaded with not enough people too.

Jan 23, 2015
I had this issue yesterday, so I feel your pain.
Do you have an online Comcast account? I'd log in to that first and see if you can use the chat function. It only half worked for me, but half is better than nothing. Good luck.

Reactions: jsn55
Apr 5, 2020
I have logged on. It flat doesn't work and the person above is the first person who has had any success. It doesn't clock or indicate I am some high number in the queue...it doesn't even attempt to route. Dumps right back to main menu. Everyone I had spoken with until the person above had the same experience.

And if volume of people (doubtful unless they laid them off...people want to work) is of issue, I logically would expect them to prioritize which calls to take. No connection - no service calls would be a top priority.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
And if volume of people (doubtful unless they laid them off...people want to work) is of issue, I logically would expect them to prioritize which calls to take. No connection - no service calls would be a top priority.
Sarcasm intended - they are just going to give you a credit for the time you didn't have service so they don't really care about calls.

Reactions: jsn55

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Comcast is the worst company we have dealt with. My wife has them for internet in Florida and they are nothing but trouble trying to reach.

OP - do you have a Comcast store in your area?