My New Years Resolution... New regs for the airlines...

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
Here's mine...
1. Schedule Changes -
a. If I purchase a non-refundable ticket with an attached change fee and the airline opts to change their schedule and the new schedule doesn't suit me, the airline has to place me on any airline that has a similar schedule at their expense. If I have to set my plans in stone 11 months out, why shouldn't they?
b. If the airline makes a schedule change that results in me needing to RON (remain over night), the airlines have to provide accommodation and meals at their expense.
c. If an airline substitutes a connecting flight for a non-stop flight, the airline is required to refund 50% of the ticket cost.

2. Flight Cancellations / delays
a. If a flight is cancelled due to something within the airline's control, the airline is required to place you on the next available flight to the destination regardless of the airline, at their expense. If the new flight requires an overnight stay, the airlines are responsible for providing accommodations. If the delay occurs during a meal period, they are required to provide meal vouchers.
b. If a flight is cancelled due to something within the airline's control, the airline is required to compensate passengers at a rate of $25 per hour (capped at $500) for the difference between their scheduled and actual arrival times at their destination.

Anyone else?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
DOT does not have the power or authority to impose the above. You need an Act of Congress.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
The only problem I have with the airlines are the horrific change fees. But I don't want to pay three times more money for a flexible ticket. I'd like to pay a fee that reinburses the airline for the cost of the change I want. Since I would do it all on my computer, I figure the airline is out about $25, and I'd give them an extra $5 as profit.

Reactions: MsA
B

bodega3

Hahaha...welcome to our world. We don't even get paid by the airlines to handle their tickets or reissues. They use to pay us a commission plus $25 per ticket to do reissues. Back then it cost an agency $25 to do that, per ticket. Your amount is low for today's costs.

Jan 10, 2015
Airline fees are on the rise these days and I don't understand why they don't just raise the ticket prices. I think that pisses people off a lot less than all these random charges. Apparently, airline fees like baggage charges are a hassle. They only make the already substantial pain of air travel worse. But, they are not likely disappearing, as it is harder for airlines to make a living these days.

Reactions: Grant Ritchie

Grant Ritchie

Dependable adequacy :-)
Oct 1, 2014
Hannah,

I think all these airline fees are a trial balloon to see if we're stupid enough to put up with them. If we do... great; the airlines get to keep ticket prices "low."

And so far, it looks as if the airlines know what they're doing... we are stupid enough to put up with them. :(

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Raise your ticket prices by $30.00, give us back our leg room, and stop charging us for stale sandwiches! And ANY ticket should be fully refundable IN CASH up to 14 days out.

Reactions: Christopher Elliott
B

bodega3

Raise your ticket prices by $30.00, give us back our leg room, and stop charging us for stale sandwiches! And ANY ticket should be fully refundable IN CASH up to 14 days out.
Cpacj tickets use to be refundable. If passengers didn't change their minds more than they change their underware, we wouldn't be paying such high change fees. Other businesses are getting into the act because consumers are flakes and it costs a business money when changes are made.

B

bodega3

I want cleaner planes when I fly and I want my checked luggage to be included in the cost of my ticket.