Maria's Flight refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 10, 2020
I need someone to assist me in getting my flight refund back. I've made several attempts even emailed CEO Mr. Barry Biffle of Frontier Airlines but to no avail. Due to COVID19 epidemic my husband and I were unable to go on our 20th year anniversary getaway. It wasn't our fault that this happened. I believe that we should be entitled to our full refund not a credit. Frontier Airlines shouldn't take the liberty to make a decision for us. God knows when we will be able to fly again.Expedia refunded us our hotel and rental car funds why should we not receive our flight funds of $957.60 as well. It's not fair. I even purchased the package that included (2)rountrip tickets, seats, and baggage. The bundle with hotel & car rental. We worked so hard for this trip and unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we aren't able to go. I need help. Please advise what other step I need to take. I do appreciate your assistance.

Reactions: pstonge

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did Frontier cancel the flight or did you cancel it? Did you have a non refundable rate? If Spirit Canceled the flight, they owe you a refund. If you canceled the flight, they don’t.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Please provide a little more information:

When were you to depart?
When did you cancel the reservation?
What is the expiration of the credit?
Was the airline booked through Expedia or directly with Frontier?

I just need to point out that, while this is very unfortunate for you and your husband, this is not the airline's fault. Please do not bring up how unfair it is to you. Life is not fair and everyone is feeling the negative effects from this crisis.

Reactions: BittyBoo
Jul 13, 2016
It is a fact of this new COVID -19 life that no one is going to get out of this without some financial hardship. Companies cannot refund every customer, or they will be out of business. Frontier is giving you a future credit. At least you have that credit. I have lost thousands of dollars in commissions. I am not getting a future credit for that loss. That money is gone, for good. It wasn't my fault, but that is the new reality.

Reactions: BittyBoo
Apr 10, 2020

When were you to depart?

I just need to point out that, while this is very unfortunate for you and your husband, this is not the airline's fault. Please do not bring up how unfair it is to you. Life is not fair and everyone is feeling the negative effects from this crisis.
CRISIS.

When were you to depart?

I'm well aware that it isn't Frontier Airlines fault but as a business woman myself they should have more consideration. I'm also aware that they are at a loss as well but, it gives them no right to decide what to do with MY money. If I was told prior to paying that by purchasing a bundle package I would be allowed to get a refund if any changes had to be made. That is why you pay for insurance. The government is going to provide businesses with an incentive that will help these businesses with their loss. It wan't my fault either. I paid in full and just as the other company was able to accommodate me with a refund why should it be any different for the airline. They could of given me one year credit since we don't know when this pandemic will be over. But, they only provide 90 days. I can't make my plans accordingly to their schedule. I'm also aware that God is the only one that can make a change. So I leave it at that. I will trust in the God I serve. His will, will be done!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Maria, when you purchase non-refundable tix, you typically cannot get a refund, except through very narrow circumstances. If Frontier is offering you a credit towards a future flight, that's great. Are they applying a change/cancel fee? Why will it be difficult for you to travel once the pandemic is over? Most of us are keeping ourselves busy rebooking all our travel that has been cancelled ... and none of those cancellations is our fault.

Apr 10, 2020
Maria, when you purchase non-refundable tix, you typically cannot get a refund, except through very narrow circumstances. If Frontier is offering you a credit towards a future flight, that's great. Are they applying a change/cancel fee? Why will it be difficult for you to travel once the pandemic is over? Most of us are keeping ourselves busy rebooking all our travel that has been cancelled ... and none of those cancellations is our fault.
It's that I will not be able to go at a later time. I took this time off because I work for a Jewish company and they offered me time off due to the observance if their holiday. I can't plan to go anywhere in 90 days. I may request time off in September or October but not sooner. In addition, my husband works for NJ transit and he can't just request it off. They have a policy that they pick their vacation time in October of the previous year for the current year. It's just disappointing. I'm aware that I'm not the only one going through this hardship. I just want something that will benefit me as well as the airline. If it were my choice O would be in Florida right now but God had another plan. I will not cry over spilled milk but, as a customer the client should always consider waying options! I have for my clients if their unable to pay rent this month. I've given them the option to pay what they can and waived all fees in addition with gifting them an incentive to help them for the following month. I guess not everyone in business manages to make sacrifices.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Since you canceled a nonrefundable flight and didn’t wait for the airline to cancel the flight, you aren’t due a refund. They are being generous offering a credit.

Only if you waited until the airline canceled it would a refund be due. We’ve advised all our clients not to cancel air until the day before the flight to see if the would cancel so they would get a refund. And all that waited had their flights canceled.

If you’ve already written to the Executives at Frontier and
they haven’t written back it’s likely you are stuck with the credit only. Did they at least waive your cancellation fee?

You also unfortunately chose a highly discounted airline that is not customer friendly. The big airlines are allowing two years to reuse credits.

What you might want to do is ask them to extend the credit 2 years as Delta and United are doing.

Apr 10, 2020
Since you canceled a nonrefundable flight and didn’t wait for the airline to cancel the flight, you aren’t due a refund. They are being generous offering a credit.

Only if you waited until the airline canceled it would a refund be due. We’ve advised all our clients not to cancel air until the day before the flight to see if the would cancel so they would get a refund. And all that waited had their flights canceled.

If you’ve already written to the Executives at Frontier and
they haven’t written back it’s likely you are stuck with the credit only. Did they at least waive your cancellation fee?

You also unfortunately chose a highly discounted airline that is not customer friendly. The big airlines are allowing two years to reuse credits.

What you might want to do is ask them to extend the credit 2 years as Delta and United are doing.
I will not give up. Like I stated earlier. I serve a good God and one with awesome judgement. I will ontinue to trust Him and His Word. I leave it all up to the most high. He is on my side. If it's meant for me to receive my refund than HE WILL allow it to happen. If not than I will be content with my Gods decision. Thank you so much for all your input.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
The best you can do is ask for an exception to their rule and see if they will extend the credit for longer than 90 days. Please keep religion out of this discussion.