Lufthansa Tickets through Travelocity

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 13, 2020
I purchased round trip tickets on Lufthansa to meet a NCL cruise in Copenhagen. The departure was from Boston MA and return was to the same location. The cruise itself was canceled by NCL and the flights were canceled by Lufthansa. I called Lufthansa and they said I had to go to Travelocity to get the refund. I have called Travelocity but no one answers the telephone. I went back to Lufthansa with an email to their chairman and again was referred to Travelocity. Is there a way to resolve this problem?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I purchased round trip tickets on Lufthansa to meet a NCL cruise in Copenhagen. The departure was from Boston MA and return was to the same location. The cruise itself was canceled by NCL and the flights were canceled by Lufthansa. I called Lufthansa and they said I had to go to Travelocity to get the refund. I have called Travelocity but no one answers the telephone. I went back to Lufthansa with an email to their chairman and again was referred to Travelocity. Is there a way to resolve this problem?
Yes, your refund needs to be requested through Travelocity's website because you bought your tix from them. Travelocity owns your tix and Lufthansa refunded them. Have a look at their website and come back to us if you can't get this done online. Next time, book direct and avoid this kind of grief.

Reactions: Patina
May 13, 2020
Have you tried to email travelocity? Use their chat feature? Or their contact form?
I used there web site to get a refund. They were unable to connect me with an agent and offered me the opportunity to cancel the flight. I am reluctant to do that since it has been cancelled by Lufthansa and I don't want to be blamed for the cancel.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
When is the flight? If the airline hasn’t canceled the flight, you will only receive a credit that you will have to use through Travelocity. If the flight is in the future- don't do anything, wait for the airline to cancel.

May 13, 2020
The flight was scheduled for June 23 2020. It was canceled by the carrier Lufthansa and I was notified on April 10 2020.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It it’s already canceled by Lufthansa by all means cancel with Travelocity. If the flight started or ended in the US, the airline has to provide you with a refund if they cancel. You can file a DOT complaint if Travelocity tells you otherwise.

May 13, 2020
I did ask the Airline and they referred me to Travelocity. So far all I have been able to see on Travelocity is their Robot. I will try again to see if I can get a person to talk If that does not work I will contact DOT as you suggest.

May 13, 2020
As you suggested I contacted Expedia today and I received the royal run around. I was told that Lufthansa did not cancel art of the return flight on Austria Air Line (they are a part of Lufthansa) so they could not refund my payments. They would let me cancel that flight but then I would not be getting a refund. The flight thay are talking about is scheduled for July 4 2020.

justlisa

Feb 12, 2019
It's the locator code for your flights. Essentially it's possible to book what is to you a round trip flight but was actually booked with the airline as two separate trips. Normally it's not an issue, but if the airline cancels one flight it only cancels the whole trip if they're all on one PNR. If it's two separate ones the canceling of one has no effect on the other. That's what it sounds like is happening because if they were on one PNR the whole trip should have been canceled. Since the OTA is saying that the flight back hasn't been canceled and you won't get a refund for it, it sounds as if your round trip was booked as two separate flights.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Jim, the online booking services like to keep their customers in the dark. PNR stands for "passenger name record" or something close to that. We pax use our confirmation numbers but the airlines/agents use PNRs ... I'm not aware of the finer points because I do all my own booking directly with the airline.

But, as my colleagues have explained, your flights may have been booked as two separate trips, and you have two separate tix. Travelocity may have hidden this information. If you do have two separate trips, then you'll have to wait until the airline cancels the flight back home. If they don't cancel, you'll need to do so in order to keep the value of your tix. If you're a no-show, your money is gone. You won't get a refund if you cancel, but you would get a credit toward a future trip. I'm really sorry that you have to learn about all this at such a high price.

May 13, 2020
The conformation number I have is for the entire trip. Also if what I was told is correct only a small part the trip home was not canceled.That is the trip from Copenhagen to Vienna.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
The conformation number I have is for the entire trip. Also if what I was told is correct only a small part the trip home was not canceled.That is the trip from Copenhagen to Vienna.
Well, this is good to hear. I suspect there's a glitch somewhere and eventually that final flight will get cancelled. Maybe I missed this, but doesn't the booking service give you the opportunity to request a refund online?

May 13, 2020
The booking service Travelocity was available only through their robot. It's bottom line answer is that it could not help me. I contacted Expedia and the agent there was the one said that with that part flight not canceled I was not eligible for the refund.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
The booking service Travelocity was available only through their robot. It's bottom line answer is that it could not help me. I contacted Expedia and the agent there was the one said that with that part flight not canceled I was not eligible for the refund.
Jim, who is shown on your credit card statement as charging you for these flights, the airline, or Travelocity? Was it just one charge or multiple charges. Unfortunately, having one confirmation number from Travelocity is not an indication that these flights were actually ticketed together.

Reactions: Neil Maley
May 13, 2020
I finally pulled all the credit card info and it is even more confusing. The original transaction on Nov 29 2019 shows $586.05 paid to Austrian Airline, 83 cents to Travelocity and $38.00 to Travelocity. Separate from that on Dec 2 2019 a total of $195.00 was paid to Lufthansa for the round trip seats and luggage. Believe me I will never use a booking company again.

Reactions: jim6555