Kaaum shoes, poor quality no customer service, what next?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 12, 2016
Hi all,

I am in need of some advice. I purchased some slip on shoes from an online company named Kaaum to wear to the airport for convenience, I have worn them twice for a total of about two days. The sole has separated from the upper. I have contacted their customer service, they offered a 15% discount on a new pair. I contacted PayPal, but because it was past the time limit for disputes they would not consider a chargeback. It is not the end of the world if I don't get a refund or replacement, but I would like to show the company that they can't get away with this kind of poor service. Any suggestions?

Respectfully

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Hi all,

I am in need of some advice. I purchased some slip on shoes from an online company named Kaaum to wear to the airport for convenience, I have worn them twice for a total of about two days. The sole has separated from the upper. I have contacted their customer service, they offered a 15% discount on a new pair. I contacted PayPal, but because it was past the time limit for disputes they would not consider a chargeback. It is not the end of the world if I don't get a refund or replacement, but I would like to show the company that they can't get away with this kind of poor service. Any suggestions?

Respectfully
There are many complaints about this company regarding quality and return policies.
The company is in Hong Kong (may actually be in mainland China).

"I would like to show the company that they can't get away with this kind of poor service. " They actually can and will continue to get away with this kind of service as long as consumers do not do a google search before purchasing.

In the future use a credit card as opposed to Paypal to be able to do a chargeback.

See other posting on a similar issue.

Reactions: Neil Maley
Jun 24, 2019
Expectations that you can teach a foreign company that it can't get away with shoddy service are probably misplaced. We, too, have been burned by foreign companies, sometimes after careful research. I get the frustration. What teaches these people a lesson is the use of a credit card and the forced refund imposed by the credit card company. Then they re-name, re-brand, and repeat their scam. We'd like it if Amazon and PayPal acted more as a gatekeeper, but that hope seems misplaced as well.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Expectations that you can teach a foreign company that it can't get away with shoddy service are probably misplaced. We, too, have been burned by foreign companies, sometimes after careful research. I get the frustration. What teaches these people a lesson is the use of a credit card and the forced refund imposed by the credit card company. Then they re-name, re-brand, and repeat their scam. We'd like it if Amazon and PayPal acted more as a gatekeeper, but that hope seems misplaced as well.
Amazon is a pretty good gatekeeper. If you order through Amazon and you get inferior quality, defective, or not as described goods you can get a refund easily.
PayPal is a payment platform, not an e-tail platform.