JP MORGAN CHASE CLOSING ACCOUNTS OPENED ONLY A FEW DAYS... NO NOTICE

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 15, 2019
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO PROCEED AGAINST CHASE... IF NOT LEGAL THEN IN THE PRESS !!!!!

I AM WRITING TO OFFICIALLY NOTIFY YOU THAT I MY ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED BY SOME SECRET REVIEW TEAM AFTER ONLY BEING OPEN 3 DAYS. THEY DID NOT CALL ME OR NOTIFY ME BY TEXT, EMAIL OR SMOKE SIGNALS. THE DEPARTMENT THAT TOOK THESE ACTIONS BASED ITS DECISION ON FICTITIOUS AND/OR FRAUDULENT INFORMATION ON A CREDIT REPORT. I WILL INSTRUCT MY ATTORNEY TO SEEK ALL LEGAL REMEDIES IMMEDIATELY.

I CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER 1-800-436-7970 AT 5 PM EST. I SPOKE TO YOUR COMPANIES FRAUD INVESTIGATOR PERSON WHO SAID THEY BASED THEIR DECISION TO ARBITRARILY CLOSE MY ACCOUNT ON SOMETHING ON A CREDIT REPORT. SHE ASKED A FEW QUESTIONS, SPEAKING IN VERY BAD ENGLISH. I ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS. I WANT TO KNOW THE REASON WHY THIS HAPPENED? I HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO PROVE MYSELF TO YOUR COMPANY. I AM NOT A RISK TO CHASE, ALL I HAVE DONE IS GET EMBARRASSED. THIS IS VERY BAD BUSINESS. IS IT BECAUSE I'M AN OLDER WOMAN?

I HAVE MORE THAN ADEQUATE INCOME TO PAY MY PAYMENTS. I HAVE NEVER MISSED ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS THAT YOU WOULD ALLOW YOUR COMPANY TO MAKE DECISIONS LIKE THIS. ANYTHING DEROGATORY ON MY CREDIT BUREAUS IS FROM FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY. I HAVE ASSETS THAT DON'T SHOW ON A REPORT. AS YOU DO MS. PIEPSZAK. I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG AND I AM NOT A RISK... I REPEAT... PLEASE REVIEW THE MATTER IMMEDIATELY. ACCORDING TO THE LAST REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR COMPANY, MY ACCOUNT WOULD BE REVIEWED. BUT IT WOULD TAKE 10 CALENDAR DAYS. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.

AT 2:45 October 14, 2019, Executive Escalation Rep. called to inform me that the "BANK" will not reopen my account.

I am writing to you with respect to your outrageous, malicious, wrongful termination of my account. As a result of your breach of fiduciary duty, you are in direct violation of my civil rights under the laws of the United States.

As set forth in detail in the Complaint, no further notice will be made.

On 10/10/2019 I called the Chase Executive Office, the assigned representative William ext. 6548061 stated, JPM/Chase received my complaint and would investigate as to the reasons for my account being closed. William said that he would have to reach out to the departments for input. TODAY AT 2:45 PM I WAS INFORMED THAT THE BANK WILL NOT REOPEN MY ACCOUNT.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Most banks share a data base of accounts that have been closed for various reasons- overdrafts, negative balances, etc. Did you have an account closed by another bank for any reason?

Banks can choose to do business with whom they want. There is no law that says a bank has to open an account for you, so getting an attorney will probably not result getting you anywhere and an attorney will probably tell you the same thing.

If you have a problem with false information on your credit report you need to get that corrected because you may not be able to open an account anywhere. Pull your credit report and find out what is on it that is derogatory.

If you made a deposit to open the account, the bank just owed you a refund but that’s all they owe you.

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@Ambusch First step would be to pull your credit report to see what's there. If something fraudulent is on it, you have to report it and work to clear it up. Someone that's extending credit isn't going to do that.

Beyond that, why would you want to do business with someone who doesn't want you as a customer?

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
I feel your approach to get them to reconsider has adverse effects for you. Demanding, threatening legal action, etc. most likely has solidified their decision to cancel what I assume is a credit card. They are a business and have chosen to weigh the risk/reward benefit of having you as a customer. You may very well have excellent credit and income but there are other reasons why a bank can cancel an account at their discretion. I just googled it and numerous articles came up as to why.

May 1, 2018
I feel your approach to get them to reconsider has adverse effects for you.
I was going to highlight some statements made by the OP, explain why the bank may view it negatively, and suggest a different phrasing. But the entire thing is just too far gone. It's not just a couple of statement, the entire approach is just wrong. The correct approach is to ask why the account was cancelled and calmly appeal the decisions with an executive. Shouting (caps), accusations of sexism and civil rights violations, and threat of legal action are the polar opposite of the right course of action.

Mel65

Mar 23, 2015
So, first and foremost SIMMER DOWN. Nobody from JPMC is reading this site. This site is here to give you advice and an approach to help with consumer issues. Using all caps is considered obnoxious and rude online, It's akin to yelling on the phone. So, cut that right out. Next, you were way too defensive and unclear in your letter without being clear about what happened in a coherent narrative. "On such and such date I was approved for a JPMC account." "3 days later I received notice that my account was closed." "I called and spoke with whatsihoosie on XYZ date and was informed ..." Bullets are always nice because they force you to keep it short and sweet. But, there could be something on your report that IS negative, yours or not. Maybe you're a victim of identity theft that you're unaware of. Maybe you were approved, but shouldn't have been and it was found out during secondary review. Yelling and threatening legal action is only going to shut down communication. I really really hope sincerely that you did NOT send that missive off yet. If you have, you have zero hope of getting a response. If you have not, please put together a much more polite, clear, communication regarding what happened and asking for clarification as to why. There are contacts you can reach out to for JPMC at the Company Contacts link at the top of the page. Good Luck.

Sep 19, 2015
What may have been an issue that could have been rectified (ie incorrect information on a credit report, get that removed and account re-opened) may have turned into a hopeless situation because of the response-- full of accusations and a threat of legal action.

Accusing the bank of ageism, sexism, etc for closing the account, for breaching fiduciary duty, violating civil rights, etc., is not a productive way or helpful in any way. In fact, it may have made the bank decide that it does not want you as a customer in the future, even if it was a mistake on the report, because of threatened litigation or aggressiveness.

The bank has given you a reason as to why you were in the end rejected --- a negative on the credit report; people with negative credit reports are not a protected class therefore no civil rights violation.

Have you checked to see what comments there are? Is there any identity theft or incorrect reporting on the credit report? Is there a history of opening and closing accounts?

Banks are concerned with defaults, money laundering, etc., and have become more strict in the reviews.

The termination of the account was not outrageous or malicious; it was a business decision.

I see that there is a statement "ANYTHING DEROGATORY ON MY CREDIT BUREAUS IS FROM FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY. " Have you addressed this and had it removed from your credit report? If not, how can the bank know that it is fraudulent.

As this point the bridge may not just be burned but the entire landscape around it scorched and the bank may never wish to have you as a customer.

Jun 12, 2019
Most banks share a data base of accounts that have been closed for various reasons- overdrafts, negative balances, etc. Did you have an account closed by another bank for any reason?

Banks can choose to do business with whom they want. There is no law that says a bank has to open an account for you, so getting an attorney will probably not result getting you anywhere and an attorney will probably tell you the same thing.

If you have a problem with false information on your credit report you need to get that corrected because you may not be able to open an account anywhere. Pull your credit report and find out what is on it that is derogatory.

If you made a deposit to open the account, the bank just owed you a refund but that’s all they owe you.
This would be Chexsystem report and they usually would catch this before the account is open. In either case, you are entitled to a copy of the report they used to deny your account. If it is Chexsystem, the phone number is 800.428.9623 .

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
You are so busy "screaming" in all capital letters that you haven't even stated the details of your problem. Firstly, this is a consumer advocacy site, not Chase bank. Why not take a deep breath and tell us what happened, make a list of the facts in chronological order. What happened to embarrass you? How have you been harmed here? Why are you referring to legal or press action? If you've sent this inflamatory letter to Chase, they probably will chose not to do business with you under any circumstances. If we know what happened we might be able to help you. We like to help people, that's why we're here.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The key is the credit report. If there is something derogatory - or fraud- why haven’t you contacted them and fixed it?

If you don’t correct it, you are going to continue to have problems not only opening another bank account, but in any credit transactions going forward.

Where was your prior bank account?

We can’t help unless you answer our questions.