Holland America Line

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 19, 2020
Greetings Chris,
On July 11, 2019 I gave Holland America Line a $600.00 deposit thru
my Visa for a cruise to Mediterranean Europe on 10/1/2020.
The agent was Roy Trent with Expedia Cruise Ship Centers ([email protected]).
On April 14, 2020 I advised Roy that I would not be taking this cruise and asked that he refund my $600.00. At that time I was told that the refund would hit my credit card in 7-10 business days (cancellation #xxxxxx).
When this did not happen I contacted Roy at [email protected] and then I called him. I'm now being told that the deposit will not be refunded for 6-9 months. This is not acceptable. Can you help me get my money back in a more timely manner.?
Sue Brown

Edited by moderator to remove phone number and cancellation number.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Sue- the cruise lines are refunding those who they canceled first so they are refunding in cruise date order. They simply don’t have the cash to refund everyone at once. Since you canceled so far out you are going to receive your credit when they get to October cancellations.

This is one case that you will just have to be patient and wait it out. The cruise lines need new bookings coming in so they can refund the canceled ones.

No travel supplier has unlimited cash sitting to be able to refund everyone at once. This has never happened in the history of cruising and everyone is doing the best they can. All cruise lines are estimating that same time frame for refunds.

Apr 3, 2016
Greetings Chris,
On July 11, 2019 I gave Holland America Line a $600.00 deposit thru
my Visa for a cruise to Mediterranean Europe on 10/1/2020.
The agent was Roy Trent with Expedia Cruise Ship Centers ([email protected]).
On April 14, 2020 I advised Roy that I would not be taking this cruise and asked that he refund my $600.00. At that time I was told that the refund would hit my credit card in 7-10 business days (cancellation #CLHN2H).
When this did not happen I contacted Roy at [email protected] and then I called him. I'm now being told that the deposit will not be refunded for 6-9 months. This is not acceptable. Can you help me get my money back in a more timely manner.?
Sue Brown

Edited by moderator to remove phone number.
If it was to take 7-10 business days from Apr 14, it has only been 3-4, I do not see why you said it did not happen. You did not wait the time period they said before you were looking for the money again. Why not wait out until the 10 business days (Apr 29 or so) and see what happens.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
If you canceled on April 14 and were told that it would take 7-10 business days, since it is April 19 today, only 4 business days later, why are you inquiring now?

Reactions: justlisa
Jan 11, 2015
My Princess cruise was due to leave on May 24th and I canceled on March 13th. I have been told it can take between 60 - 90 days for the refund. I can certainly live with that while HAL, Princess and all the other cruise lines are fighting for their "lives" right now and have thousands of bookings to refund as well as doing the logistics of all the redeployments for all their ships. Be patient, Sue Brown!

Sep 1, 2018
This email came to me as a new thread in a watched forum. On the email Sue's phone number is clearly there. I don't know how it can be redacted, but maybe someone can correct this.