Grand Palladium Travel Club Cancellation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 1, 2020
My wife and I had the typical PTC experience. Tour, drinks, presentation. Initially they offered a ridiculous membership close to $100,000. Then one at $78,000. They finally offered one for about $10,000. The entire time they were giving us alcoholic drinks. I was hesitant, and asked if we could think about it overnight. They said no. My wife wanted to do it. She takes care of the finances and thought we could handle it, and that it would mean we go on more vacations, which we both want. So we agreed. We had to put money on our credit card and also finance a portion.

We got home and sort of regretted the purchase. Now with the COVID pandemic my wife cannot work, and I have had my pay reduced. We can no longer afford it. So I requested a cancellation and refund if possible. I used the contacts provided by this page to send an email. I was then referred to a specific contact to handle the case. Initially they wanted us to stay, and offered to hold payments for a couple months. After some persistence we were offered two different options to "keep our investment". In emails I pushed for a cancellation. Eventually they said they would cancel it, but could not provide any refund. Here's how they broke down the math:

"As I mentioned in my previous e-mails, the options offered were in order to help you not loosing your investment; what you have paid does not complete the amount financed with vcm ($1,980.00 usd)
2,349.00 minus 699.00 usd of closing cost is $1,650.00 usd. The closing cost can not be applied to the downpayment."

So, at first I thought OK, we lose the money we put down. I was sort of OK with that. Then I realized that because we financed with VCM, Palladium would have recieved the $1980 from the finance company. Then the 2349 we put down. So they now have $4329. Plus we have already made a couple payments to VCM, which were approx $370 US. So the amount owed to VCM should be around $1,240.

Palladium has $4329
subtract "Closing Costs" -$699
subtract VCM remainder -$1240
This leaves $2400ish left that they are just trying to keep. Am I wrong here? Should I present this math to them and see what they say? I'm not 100% accurate on the dollar figures because we are in Canada and all the payments come out in Canadian dollars, but it's generally close.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm just looking for some direction here. I can post more information if necessary, but i tried to keep it short....ish. Thanks for reading.

• Sad
Reactions: Skippy

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Have you checked the other posts we have about Grand Palladium? We have several if the same complaints:

Apr 1, 2020
Have you checked the other posts we have about Grand Palladium? We have several if the same complaints:
Yes, I have read through most of these, which is why I started out with the email address that I did. Perhaps I will email higher up in the chain to try for some help. Maybe because we signed up in January this will be harder to do.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am so sorry that you got involved with this. Your first clue was a reduction of 90% on the cost of the membership, followed closely by the number of drinks you were offered. These people are very good at fleecing travellers. It will be very difficult to get this contract cancelled and I hope in the future you'll never make any kind of decision without "sleeping on it".

Apr 1, 2020
Yes, we definitely learned our lesson here. They have offered a cancellation, but I'm trying to get some money back. Even if they charge a fee for it, that would be fine with me. I'll report back here with what happens.

Apr 1, 2020
Once I get a reply from them I will let everyone know. I will take the cancellation, but still hoping for the best.

Apr 1, 2020
OK. I am happy to say that they did offer us a refund of $999 US dollars. This made me and my wife happy, even though we did waste quite a bit of money with this mistake. Palladium asked us to sign a document saying we would not post anything to harm their business to any forum or social media. I believe it is because of the unique situation with the pandemic, and the fact that my wife has been unable to work that they were able to offer a refund. It wasn't all of our money, but it did help to keep a positive view of Palladium. We have really enjoyed the 3 times we've been to a Palladium resort, and will likely go again. They were pretty reasonable with some kind persistence. The only advice I can give is to be patient and stick to the desired conclusion you want. I don't want to get into too much detail, or post the emails back and forth, so that they don't see this as "harming their business". Be polite, but firm. Don't let your emotions get involved. Be patient, as they will try to give you other options to stay in the club. I hope this helps some people in the future.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Glad it worked out, just remember not to go to any more time share presentations wherever you vacation

But be careful, because as part of your agreement you agreed not to post anything to harm their business- and you have a public post right here complaining about them, even with the successful outcome.

We can close the thread but we don’t remove threads.