? GOT FIOS ? "PRISONER of COMCAST" on LBI

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 23, 2020
Greetings... I live on LBI in New Jersey.. and there has been much done by way of pulling fiber and "looping" out on the utility poles herabouts... I live at
Long Beach Township, NJ 08008
The very end of the island.... and it's right on the pole in front of my house.. finished on the north end.

? when might we "COMCAST PRISONERS" be offered a alternative ?
? anyone know when FIOS will go live.. or any FIOS info for LBI

TIA STAY SAFE

Apr 10, 2017
I will tell you about when I got Verizon Fios. Many years ago, pre-fios, I used an ancient technology called DSL (two tin cans and a string) to access the internet at a whopping 6 Mbps. Verizon and my county signed a franchise agreement and Verizon began to install fiber. I would call verizon and search online to see if I was eligible and the answer was always not yet. I, too, lived at the end of the line, lost in the woods. One day, I had a problem for which a tech visit was necessary. The tech asked me why I had DSL when fios was available. I said that I thought that it was not available but he said yes, probably just that my address had not been entered into the appropriate database. He said he would fix it. A week or so later, I had fios.

So, in summary, I would say try to get help from the local construction crew or a Verizon tech if you see one in the neighborhood. They can check stuff that the 800 number people can't see.