Future of NCL

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 26, 2017
jsn55 wrote: It would be awful if our budget choice turned out to be bankrupt by the time of our first cruise.

One can always purchase a travel insurance policy that covers insolvency.

Sep 27, 2018
jsn55 wrote: It would be awful if our budget choice turned out to be bankrupt by the time of our first cruise.

I would certainly doubt one could find an insurance company that would cover travel credits for any type of provider of travel services. Even existing policies were not covering Covid cancellations and lack of refunds.

Reactions: Skippy

kenish

Sep 1, 2015
KSNA
Huge caveat...the insurance policies say "insolvency of a covered provider" or words to that effect. Each company has their own list of providers that is updated almost daily and can differ by the policy you bought. Some major airlines, hotels, tour operators, etc are not listed, meaning there is no insolvency coverage.

Here's a list (Allianz) merely as an example- the list that matters is the one that applies to your specific policy on the date you purchased it.

Attachments

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco

My Chase Sapphire card covers me automatically, but I was under the impression that most travel insurance does not cover insolvency of the travel provider.

Reactions: FrankL183
May 30, 2019
My Chase Sapphire card covers me automatically, but I was under the impression that most travel insurance does not cover insolvency of the travel provider.
Chase Sapphire recently, quietly changed their policy related to insolvency. I don't fully understand the details, just wanted to note that you should check before relying on it.

Reactions: Patina

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Chase Sapphire recently, quietly changed their policy related to insolvency. I don't fully understand the details, just wanted to note that you should check before relying on it.
Thank you, I checked it not a month ago before rebooking some stuff. I will follow up tomorrow ... I should be safe right now because the bookings were made when insolvency was covered.

May 30, 2019
Relevant articles

Reactions: Patina

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Relevant articles
Interesting ... the Reserve card still had the insolvency coverage in mid-March when I checked. I do have a great deal of faith in Chase, but I hope I'm not forced to find out just how well they treat me if one of my cruise or airlines goes under. At the rate things are going, the economy will soon be in such shambles that nobody will be going anywhere. We'll be grateful to have housing and food and good health.