Flight's relocation to another date

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 30, 2020
Because of Covid-19, I was scared and canceled my flight instead of relocate to a later date. Now I found out that it was a worse choice, because they only returned a little part of my money's flight, when in fact I was waiting for the total to schedule another flight by the same company. I tried several times contact Lufthansa for solve It, but doesn't work. I hope sincerely to be relocated to another flight without lost.

Edited by moderator to remove attachment with personal information.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you canceled your flight and didn’t wait to see if the airline canceled, you aren’t due a refund. If the airline wasn’t waiving cancellation fees when you canceled- you are also subject to airline cancellation fees.

Please read this story we posted few months ago about canceling too soon.

Reactions: Skippy
Jul 30, 2020
Thanks for your answer,
Ok, I understand that I will not have a full refund, but what about the reallocation? I feel injured, my ticket price of 640.67 returned me only 160.67.
I only whiched to relocate my flight rather than cancel, but I've got a mistake.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Were you charged a cancellation fee? Your flights were within Europe, not through the US. What were the flight dates and when did you cancel?

Please only post those, not copies of the confirmation with your confirmation number and name.

Reactions: Skippy

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thanks for your answer,
Ok, I understand that I will not have a full refund, but what about the reallocation? I feel injured, my ticket price of 640.67 returned me only 160.67.
I only whiched to relocate my flight rather than cancel, but I've got a mistake.
I understand your pain. You're right, you have been injured. You could have booked your new flight and used the money they already had towards a new tix. The $160 may have been taxes which they are required to refund. I wish we had better news for you.

Jul 30, 2020
Were you charged a cancellation fee? Your flights were within Europe, not through the US. What were the flight dates and when did you cancel?

Please only post those, not copies of the confirmation with your confirmation number and name.
Probably yes, there was a charge, because I was only returned 160.67 out of GBP 640.67. My flight was July 19th from London to Brazil and the return was July 31st this year. The cancellation took place on June 14th before 24 hours and I was calm waiting for the total return to then issue another date with the same company. Interesting that it was written in my cancellation this: Important information "Your reservation was made during the last 24 hours. Therefore, it will be refunded regardless of the rate conditions". This made me confident until I realized that they did not return the total so I could reschedule my flight with them.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Are you saying you booked the ticket June 13? The US DOT has a 24 hour rule allowing cancellation as long as you book more then 7 days out, but that doesn’t apply outside the US. I’m not sure what the booking rules are in the UK.

You can use our company contacts for Lufthansa and see if you can get an answer to why you were only refunded the taxes.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Please write in a post exactly when you made the reservation (date and time), how you made the reservation (directly through the Lufthansa website, through another website, on the phone with Lufthansa or some other method), and when you actually canceled (date and time). The US DOT 24-hour free cancelation rule is only for airlines flying to or from the US. It would not apply to a London-Brazil ticket. UK rules would apply.

What the UK rules are is unclear. I have found one reference that you have only until midnight on the day of booking to cancel without penalties, not 24 hours after the booking.

If you booked through an online website that was not Lufthansa you are subject to the rules of the booking site, not Lufthansa's rules. Lufthansa may have refunded the full fare to the online booking site and the booking site had cancellation fees.

Without the information requested in the first paragraph of this post, it is not possible to offer any more useful advice

Jul 30, 2020
Are you saying you booked the ticket June 13? The US DOT has a 24 hour rule allowing cancellation as long as you book more then 7 days out, but that doesn’t apply outside the US. I’m not sure what the booking rules are in the UK.

You can use our company contacts for Lufthansa and see if you can get an answer to why you were only refunded the taxes.

Thak you so much, I'll try.

Jul 30, 2020
Please write in a post exactly when you made the reservation (date and time), how you made the reservation (directly through the Lufthansa website, through another website, on the phone with Lufthansa or some other method), and when you actually canceled (date and time). The US DOT 24-hour free cancelation rule is only for airlines flying to or from the US. It would not apply to a London-Brazil ticket. UK rules would apply.

What the UK rules are is unclear. I have found one reference that you have only until midnight on the day of booking to cancel without penalties, not 24 hours after the booking.

If you booked through an online website that was not Lufthansa you are subject to the rules of the booking site, not Lufthansa's rules. Lufthansa may have refunded the full fare to the online booking site and the booking site had cancellation fees.

Without the information requested in the first paragraph of this post, it is not possible to offer any more useful advice
Thank you, so in this case I think I really lost, because my ticket was from London to Brazil. My flight was canceled before 24 hours, I bought the economy ticket on the Lufthansa website. I sent an email questioning the partial refund and why not the total.
Thanks.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you cancel it by midnight of the day you bought the ticket?

Weihlac did find this and that might be your problem:

I have found one reference that you have only until midnight on the day of booking to cancel without penalties, not 24 hours after the booking

Jul 30, 2020
Did you cancel it by midnight of the day you bought the ticket?

Weihlac did find this and that might be your problem:

I have found one reference that you have only until midnight on the day of booking to cancel without penalties, not 24 hours after the booking
No, I canceled in 24 hours.