Disappointment with Marriott

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I received an email today from Marriott's corporate headquarters which informed me that the entire cost of my Advance Purchase for 8 nights at the Istanbul Ritz Carlton will be refunded. The total amount is $2499.09.

I thank The Elliott Advocacy team for allowing me to participate in this forum. I also thank everyone else who was kind enough to give me their advice. It was greatly appreciated. If any of you have any questions for me please post in the forum and I will answer as soon as possible. Thanks again to all!
It's situations like yours, Alan, that keep us going. Yours is an outcome I would have said was impossible. Great work getting this refund, I'm so glad we were able to assist ... but you did all the work! I hope lots of travellers read this and think well of Marriott in the future. This is the kind of customer service I expect from Hilton, and I'm glad they're stepping up for you.

Mel65

Mar 23, 2015
I received an email today from Marriott's corporate headquarters which informed me that the entire cost of my Advance Purchase for 8 nights at the Istanbul Ritz Carlton will be refunded. The total amount is $2499.09.

I thank The Elliott Advocacy team for allowing me to participate in this forum. I also thank everyone else who was kind enough to give me their advice. It was greatly appreciated. If any of you have any questions for me please post in the forum and I will answer as soon as possible. Thanks again to all!
Great News and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Reactions: Pixie Pie and VoR61
Oct 18, 2018
My suggestion is to give a little back to Marriott: Stay a night or two, once or twice in the next few months, even if it is a "stay-cation" in your own city. And let the executive who helped you at Marriott know about it. A $2500.00 return for which they were not obligated - quite a Christmas gift from them to you!