Did I book a "Fat Finger" Fare?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 6, 2017
Should I worry that I booked a "Fat Finger" fare"? I plan to fly from Birmingham, AL (BHM) to Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU) departing December 4, 2020, at 2:40 pm arriving the next day (Flights DL 116/DL105, both Fare I) and returning December 9, 2020, depart 10:50 pm again arriving the next day (Flights DL104/DL2094, both Fare D).

I have flown this route before in Delta Comfort. It is a 9-hour flight from Atlanta. While Delta Comfort is nice, I was envious of the passengers in the front of the plane. This time I decided to watch the prices and hopefully fly Delta One.

I have watched this flight closely for several months and the Delta One price usually ranges from about $6500 to $7600. About one week ago the price on the Delta website showed a fare of $4481 round trip. I booked that fare. It was the same fare the next day also. The following day and now the fare is $8093. It has now been one week since I booked. My Delta shows a ticket number and my credit card has been charged.

Due to the Corona Virus, I realize I am taking a chance the entire trip may not happen, but that is a different worry. I actually thought Delta may have reduced the price due to the virus, but after seeing the higher price the following days I began to doubt that. I've read enough here about fat finger fares to be mildly concerned. Should. I be?

Thank you for any input you can give.

crdoms

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
I don't think you should worry. I have seen wild variations in Delta One fares in other markets, ranging from $2000 to thousands more for flights to/from Israel and the UK. I don't think it's a fat finger fare.

Jan 6, 2017
Thank you all for your advice.

I was just concerned that it seemed "too good to be true", but too good to pass up also. Hopefully, by December the virus and travel will have reached some sort of conclusion.

crdoms

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thank you all for your advice.

I was just concerned that it seemed "too good to be true", but too good to pass up also. Hopefully, by December the virus and travel will have reached some sort of conclusion.

crdoms
You are wise to be concerned about things like this, but you're just fine with your flights on Delta. Every once in a while, a R/T flight becomes available at a very low rate. Not just Delta, I've snagged international flights like this with United, Delta and AirFrance. in the past. I joined Dollar Flight Club recently, and that's all they do, comb the internet looking for great fares. I've already booked two international trips that are substantially lower in price than what I had been looking at for many weeks. All DFC does is give you the info, you book direct with the airline. I couldn't be happier with this new toy of mine. Like with any res, check it once a month, once a week the month before departure, and daily the week before departure. I have no facts, but I believe that my tix would qualify me to be first in line to be bumped, so if that happens, I want to know immediately. I always felt that way flying on first class upgrades with Continental/United, and it never once happened ... but I always worried. Let's just pray that we WILL BE flying next December!