Date correction on Hotels.com

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 18, 2017
On 5/28 I booked non refundable room at Hotel Astoria Budapest on the wrong date. I called Hotels.com within an hour and requested a change of date only, to 9/23-26. Hotels.com said they would contact the hotel and request the date switch. However, I never heard back from them. I contacted the hotel on my own, and they claimed they sent a message to Hotels.com, but when I called Hotels.com once more, they said they never received anything back from the hotel. Said they would contact hotel again for a response.

I am not asking for a refund, only dates changed to my correct travel dates of 9/23-26. Does anyone know what my next move should be?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You are in a tough spot. We have had multiple complaints about the same things happening and the hotels just did not give in. Non refundable is just that even when you make a mistake. We have not had much success in getting these fixed.

We have company contacts on our pages. You can go to the contacts for hotels.com and write to customer service (everything should be in writing). Give them a week to reply. If they don't or the answer is no, write to the first executive shown. Give him or her a week tor eply, and repeat weekly if necessary.

Good luck - as I said, they are pretty stringent with these kind of things.

Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Neil. I wrote to the Customer Service executive who finally responded by telling me to call the customer service number...time to get on the merry-go-round again speaking to their out of country CS reps!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Judit, I'm so sorry you're in this frustrating mess. Hopefully some clear communication in writing will get this changed for you.

ADVOCATE ADVICE
This post is a prime example of why we always advise booking travel directly. An online booking agent adds a level to the mix, receives a commission, but does nothing to assist the traveller. It would probably have been very easy to change that date with the hotel, especially since you noticed the error so quickly.