• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Customer Service

Sep 4, 2019
That Princess Cruise does not realize that commitment to timely email responses matters greatly to customers. Responding to inquiries within 24 hours—and sooner, if possible!—should be more than a company goal, it should be a standard of practice and to stop “Buck Passing.”

The issue is that Princess does not provided timely feedback let alone acknowledge an issue:

Monday, August 26, 2019

Started with Tamar "Tammy" Lank Cruise Vacation Planner then to

EZair Lori then to

Customer Service Janet.

Customer Service Janet then to Chief Purser onboard the Pacific Princess

Wednesday, August 28, 2019, Chief Purser back to EZair

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 Email to Collin Steinke, Director, Customer Relations csteinke@princesscruises.com

Friday, August 30, 2019 Email to Lorna Warren, Vice President Guest Services lwarren@princess.com

Last E-mail was sent on Saturday, August 31, 2019, 11:18 AM to
MS. Jan Swartz, President Princess Cruises
jswartz@princesscruises.com

It would be nice if Princess Cruise responds to customers in a timely manner to thier issue, rather choose to pass the “Buck.”

Recommendation for Princess Cruise – Example –“This is an automated acknowledgment letting you know that we received your comments. We typically respond within five to ten business days, but in some instances, it may take a little longer. Should you need it, we have included a reference number assigned to your correspondence. It is located at the bottom of this message.”

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
For clarification, are you saying that you have emailed the following individuals . . .
  1. Tamar "Tammy" Lank
  2. Someone named Lori
  3. Someone named Janet.
  4. The Chief Purser
  5. Collin Steinke, Director, Customer Relations
  6. Lorna Warren, Vice President Guest Services
  7. Jan Swartz, President Princess Cruises
between Monday, August 26 and August 31?

If so, a 24 hour response is very fast. In this forum waiting one week per contact is considered best practice . . .

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Are you dealing with an urgent or emergency issue? If not, you should not expect 24 hr response service. Very few large organizations are set up to do this.

There are emergency contacts for most organization; these should be reserved for emergencies. Typical turnaround time is days to a week or longer. I contacted United Airlines last week; the response time is 18-21 days, which is fine with me.

Sending 4 messages on the same day will look like spam to the recipients.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
If you do not need urgent assistance,please let me give some advice for the future. On your next cruise, may I suggest that you engage a travel agent who is a cruise expert. Cruising is big business and customer service has suffered from the "corporate mentality". But TAs are still paid commissions, so there is no extra cost to you. These TAs are really up on cruise lines, ships, itineraries, and can often answer your question in 20 minutes. I book all our travel myself, but I found out how incredible a cruise-expert was when I just casually asked her about an HAL cruise to Alaska several years ago. Less money, more goodies, questions answered swiftly. The process was beyond wonderful. You'll receive the good customer service that you deserve.