CRICKET WIRELESS GAVE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION OUT TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER!!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 31, 2020
Cricket wireless in my town gave my personal information out to my Ex who isn’t on my account, I’ve got a protective order on him and the manager told him I brought my new boyfriend in and switch him from boost to cricket, put him on my account and let him have my daughters (my ex’s child) IPAD number, told him what number on my account I used, how I came to the store first in my Cadillac and then I came back later in my Jeep, what my new boyfriend looked like described him in detailed all the way down to his shoes, all of my personal information!!! What can I do cause this definitely can not go over looked!! This guy is a stalker! He’s not allowed to be anywhere around me, he’s pulled a gun on my 15 year old, he’s definitely not someone that needs to have the upper hand in anything that concerns me, I’ve got a protective order from the court on this man, how in the world can they do this without getting in trouble! This needs to be investigated and someone needs to lose their job! It’s really sad I can’t go to my cell carrier whom I’ve been with for over 15 years without worrying if they’re going to tell something that could have me or my child in a life or death situation! WHAT CAN I DO AND WHERE DO I START??? I’m going to push this to the highest person possible because this type of stuff could get me killed! This man is obsessed! He’s the very last person anything should be told too!! PLEASE HELP ME! Thanks!!

Attachments

Reactions: weihlac
Mar 31, 2020
Have you reported this to the police? If not, you should do so.
So are you saying call the police to let them know what cricket did or for him texting me? I’m unclear of why I need to call the police? Is this criminal? I’m asking because the manager had no idea I had a protective order in place, so In actuality she was just telling my business to a man she used to see me come in the store with, without any idea what a monster this man truly is! So just to be clear what do I need to call the police for? He can easily say she just offered up the information he can at he never asked her anything, so I would think the problem person would be the store manager and needs to be handled on a corporate level? I’m just asking for clarification I appreciate you're time!!!

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
So are you saying call the police to let them know what cricket did or for him texting me? I’m unclear of why I need to call the police? Is this criminal? I’m asking because the manager had no idea I had a protective order in place, so In actuality she was just telling my business to a man she used to see me come in the store with, without any idea what a monster this man truly is! So just to be clear what do I need to call the police for? He can easily say she just offered up the information he can at he never asked her anything, so I would think the problem person would be the store manager and needs to be handled on a corporate level? I’m just asking for clarification I appreciate you're time!!!
Until you call the police and discuss this you will not know if any laws were broken. You should write down ALL of the facts, leaving out any emotions and see if the police feel that any laws were broken by either the Cricket manager or your ex. Also to let the police know that your ex has all of this information.

Mar 31, 2020
I’m with AMA. You need to contact your attorney AND the police. This is beyond something we can advise you on.
Ok thanks!! Just called the police they say the text messages yes are a violation but they can’t do anything to the manager that gave out the information! Thanks so much for all of your help!!

Mar 31, 2020
Until you call the police and discuss this you will not know if any laws were broken. You should write down ALL of the facts, leaving out any emotions and see if the police feel that any laws were broken by either the Cricket manager or your ex. Also to let the police know that your ex has all of this information.
Got it!! Thanks so much!!!

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
Since the police officers you spoke to determined that the Cricket manager has done nothing illegal, then I would suggest you write our company contacts to report this incident. This is really all we can advise you to do.

Nov 22, 2019
Maybe also asking to change your phone numbers for free (even if it mights be a trouble for you to have different numbers),
Make sure the manager knows he/she should not talk about you to anyone (he/she probably didn't think doing something bad). You don't have to give all details of course.

Sep 9, 2018
The attorney who got you the restraining order.
You don't always need an attorney to file a TRO. It's VERY helpful, but not a court requirement.

Please see if Cricket will change your number (as suggested....and IMO, it should be for free). And while I agree that the manager didn't know about the TRO, s/he SHOULD know to never, ever give out someone's personal information. That's just awful.... especially if that information was used improperly by your ex. That manager could ABSOLUTELY be held responsible in part.

I'm definitely not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. But as someone who's been through this, please try to get your number changed and please pursue this with law enforcement since it appears to be a violation of the protective order. And if you don't have a lawyer, PLEASE get one....even if it's through Legal Aid (who are great people).

Good luck to you.....keep staying strong!

Feb 3, 2017
I thought you may have had an attorney given you have a protection order. If not, you could contact your local bar association and ask for referrals to attorneys who handle such cases (family law or divorce attorney, most likely).

Reactions: Pixie Pie and jsn55

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
Not sure all police officers are qualified to speak to the legality of privacy issues with a vendor.
You should speak to the person in charge of identity fraud Dept at your local sheriff or police office.

Reactions: jsn55