Comcast reps won't answer fee question without our ordering service first.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 19, 2019
Thank goodness you met me! lol. I know exactly what you need to do and spent hours upon hours on this problem, but first a story.

I work from home and have to have internet of a sufficient speed to meet my employer's requirements. My wife's grandparents gave us some land to build on. So nice! So we found a builder and signed a contract. I never considered getting internet to be an issue.

We're working on getting things arranged and I realized that the internet speed of my wife's grandparents wasn't that great. They used AT&T. I went to see the fastest they could offer in our area and because of the older lines in our area it just wasn't going to cut it. It was nowhere near the speed AT&T can offer in other areas. So I look for other options, but wasn't finding anything. The only other provider in the general area was Comcast and they said they don't offer service where I'm building.

Oh no. I tell my wife and am like "we can't afford to build this house if I won't have a job when we move in." My wife is crying. We're both upset. I ask Comcast about coming out my way but they say they are nowhere near me so the cost was prohibitively expensive.

Little did I know Emily's grandma was on a mission. She called everyone on the street to find out who their internet service provider was. If they didn't answer or she didn't have their number, she went to their house. She gave me pages of this with a sad look. "What is this?" I asked. She told me what she did. She said nobody had Comcast like you needed. Some people had AT&T and some had Xfinity. "Xfinity! That's Comcast!" I said. "Who has Xfinity?"

Would you know my very next door neighbor had Comcast?! I call Comcast back. They dig their feels. Nobody anywhere near me has Comcast. I tell them they get the bill and pay it every month. Nothing. I hang up and try again. Nothing helps. I go to the store. They show me satellite images showing nobody has service near me. But they are simply wrong!

Exasperated, I send a tweet to @ComcastCares basically saying I want your service. I want to give you money, but you won't take my money. Let me give you money. Please help. They respond and I tell them the story. They say "construction" handles new installs, but since nobody would do a construction ticket due to them not thinking I was in the area they would have a local engineer call me. It took a few days and a follow up by me but an individual, very informal did call me. Not corporate-like which was a relief as I seemed I was through the bureaucracy. They called and got directions and said they would take a look at the line. Sure enough, it's right next door. So I have a ticket and they say they would call me. They didn't. I try calling and nothing. I tweeted back. Apparently no follow up was done because they assumed I wouldn't want the service because of the high price it would be to install (I'm a good bit off the road. I got the price of $1400 and I said I want it (we split the cost with my inlaws who were also building). Finally I got service.

So, here is what you need to do. Call Comcast and ask about to speak to someone who handles "construction." You will get a ticket. Keep that ticket, that is your trail. Then follow up via twitter and reference your ticket because they have horrible follow through. No wonder they are losing money. Hope that helps.

May 19, 2019
By the way, I left out some attempts to resolve for brevity like additional calls, an extra store visit, and live chat. It was beyond belief the pain I endured to get their service. But it has worked out well for my job and the speed is great!