Budget / Sedgwick

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 26, 2019
Got a letter saying I owed ~$2000 for damage that was preexisting and began taping my phone calls. Posted a video on YouTube in case others may want to take similar approach. Title is Budget Sedgwick SCAM EXPOSED.

Sep 26, 2019
I agree, I quickly realized that after I asked for a manager at Sedgwick and they transferred me to a suicide prevention hotline. Nevertheless it was difficult to find somebody at Budget who was willing to talk to me. Even after getting assurance from budget (on tape) that the charges would be dropped, I’m still expecting more hassle because it doesn’t seem apparent to me that the two companies know how to talk to each other, by design.

Sep 18, 2018
You're not going to get anywhere if you keep calling. Recording your conversations doesn't change that. Communicate by email only, as outlined in Neil's link. That is how you will get this resolved.

Sep 26, 2019
cool I’m glad you guys got it all figured out, I felt like what I did worked pretty well so far but no worries if you’re not open to hearing how it worked out for me

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Best practice would be to obtain promises in writing. However, sometimes calls are necessary, especially when interactive dialogue is needed. In those cases, I use and recommend this approach:
  • Find and install a call recording app to record the call in it's entirety
  • When the call has run it's course, stop/restart the recording and ask them (by name) if you can review the call with them
  • Most will say yes, after which you present the main points discussed
In the end you will have a 1-2 minute record, which is small enough in size (less than 50 MB) to attach to an email if necessary. Otherwise, you may have a record that is too large to send and/or too long for someone to be willing to listen. The Youtube video referred to above is 27 minutes long.

Sep 26, 2019
That’s helpful, thank you. I’m not saying my phone call was the optimal approach and was not posting it as a “how to,” I’m obviously not an expert, I’m just trying to spread awareness of a couple different elements, inclusive of their phone obstructionism. I agree that the unedited version of my phone call would need some work to be effectively usable but it’s a pretty good start. I like the idea of having them review it with me so thanks for that as well. Do you have similar contacts for Sedgwick because I would like to escalate my complaint about being transferred to a suicide prevention hotline?

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
According to their website, these are the most likely contacts for your complaint:

Michael Arbour, Group President​
Robert Peterson, Group President​
Dave North, CEO​

Their email addresses appear to be:

When composing/sending your appeal . . .
Do not reach out to every contact simultaneously or even one right after another
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level in the above list, and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level