Budget False Smoking Charge - Horrible!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 28, 2020
DON'T TRUST BUDGET CAR RENTAL. Horrible!!!!! Do not use!!! 6 months after we rented a car at the Budget Denver Airport, we just were charged a $250 fee for smoking in the car. MY WIFE AND I DO NOT SMOKE. No one smoked in the car when we had it. I never had a cigarette in my life, ever! Budget customer service line was no customer service. I have family in Denver and Seattle & will NEVER use budget again. I'll go with Enterprise. They sent a picture with some small white dots on the floor saying it was ashes!! THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY. I have been in hospitality management my entire career and will never recommend avis or budget to anyone.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Give this a try- these are usually dismissed when you deal with the executives at the car rental company.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Happens all the time. People must pay these ridiculous charges months after the rental, because all the car rental companies do this. It's annoying, but following our guidelines will no doubt get rid of these jerks.