booking.com-

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 11, 2020
My trip was canceled due to the virus, my flights were canceled because of the virus. How do I get a refund on my non refundable night in Casablanca booked through booking.com? Thanks

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Nonrefundable is often just that, Covid or not. Bookings website advises you to contact the property and see if they will provide a refund. If they will, then contact Booking and send them the email from the property saying they will refund you.

Reactions: Skippy and Patina

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
I think the best you could hope for is a credit to use at a future date.

Reactions: jsn55
Mar 11, 2020
I contacted the property in March but they haven't responded. They were very courteous when I asked about some specifics when the virus wasn't
even a threat yet- Honestly, if they would give me 18-24 months to use the room, that might work- I know this is just a disaster on soo many levels. Thx

Reactions: jsn55

Sam

Jan 22, 2015
Colorado
I would search for the booking.com and send them an email asking for a one time exception to their rules. ([email protected] )
Booking's contacts can be found here (http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/booking-com/)
Be polite and brief in your emails. Be sure to include as much information as you can to them, (reservation number, name and phone number)

Instead of allowing one week between contacts, I would allow 2 weeks.

Reactions: jsn55 and Patina
May 24, 2020
We've had very good luck with booking.com (sadly, better luck than the hotels with which we booked directly). We used them for a hotel in Germany, which is not letting in US citizens right now. So I called booking.com and asked for a refund given that the hotel couldn't provide the service for which we had paid. The booking.com agent contacted the hotel immediately and the hotel was very gracious. I called booking.com at 10 pm central time and by the time I woke up the next morning the email confirming a full refund, including their fees, was in my inbox. My parents, who were joining us on parts of this trip, also called used booking.com for three different hotels in countries that are closed to US citizens, and they had equal success. Now if only I could get our hotel in Budapest to understand that it is unethical to withhold a refund when they're unable to provide the service....(I still have to tackle the hotel in London....)

May 24, 2020
Nothing, sorry :) I was just adding my experience with booking.com to the general thread. I hadn't quite clocked that the original question is a couple month old and wanted to help. The Budapest hotel was just a bit of an ironic side rant, since most common wisdom has seemed to suggest that it's better to have booked directly with hotels vs. though booking sites.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Nothing, sorry :) I was just adding my experience with booking.com to the general thread. I hadn't quite clocked that the original question is a couple month old and wanted to help. The Budapest hotel was just a bit of an ironic side rant, since most common wisdom has seemed to suggest that it's better to have booked directly with hotels vs. though booking sites.
No apology needed, Risa. We are always happy to hear travelers' experiences, how issues are solved and that kind of thing. I'm delighted to read the booking.com behaved professionally for you, it's a lovely change from the usual complaints about an online booking service. I keep hoping that eventually one or two of them will figure it out and start behaving like a true travel agent. The concept is sound, but to date the online services have not impressed anyone with their customer service when faced with a challenge.

What would you like from us?

• Love
Reactions: ADM and Pixie Pie