Booking.com weekly rental says “they just don’t want you here”

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 27, 2017
Does the OP have a "service dog" or an "emotional support animal." There's a big difference between the two. You can get paperwork for both; one from a reputable training organization; the other is often obtained over the Internet. The training for a service dog is extensive and the person is matched with the animal. Not so much for an ESA. The OP said, "My dog parks every once in a while but nothing extreme." What's every once and a while? And yes, there is more to the story than the OP has revealed.

Oct 6, 2019
I know I’m not perfect in situation guys‍♀....I’m asking do I have any ground....if your not familiar with Los Angeles’ laws and regulations then that’s not much help I guess.

Moving on
That would depend on the terms of the agreement. Do you have a copy?
no, I don’t know how to get it from booking.com

Oct 6, 2019
Does the OP have a "service dog" or an "emotional support animal." There's a big difference between the two. You can get paperwork for both; one from a reputable training organization; the other is often obtained over the Internet. The training for a service dog is extensive and the person is matched with the animal. Not so much for an ESA. The OP said, "My dog parks every once in a while but nothing extreme." What's every once and a while? And yes, there is more to the story than the OP has revealed.
I have a service animal. I sent them Bella’s (my dog) training certificates and doctor’s rec. I’d say she will bark once every couple of days 10 seconds MAX.

Jun 24, 2019
Folks here are prepared to help, but you have not answered questions. If you go find help elsewhere, those folks will ask the same questions.

What city is the apartment in? Is it actually in the City of Los Angeles or is it in one the other 85 cities in Los Angeles County? Or is it in an unincorporated area?

What sort of a building is this? Is it an apartment building or is it a condominium?

Is the listing a legal listing?

Were you always paying through Booking.com? If so, why is there a change in payment platform?

Isn't it just easier to move elsewhere?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I know I’m not perfect in situation guys‍♀....I’m asking do I have any ground....if your not familiar with Los Angeles’ laws and regulations then that’s not much help I guess.

Moving on

no, I don’t know how to get it from booking.com
The terms should be available on the confirmation you received when you booked.

You said you were out of the apartment until 8:30. Did you have your dog with you? If you didn’t, you don’t know if the dog was barking while you were out.

Was the second dog a certified dog? What does the the listing say about pets. Was the other dog a barker? Was the other dog at the apartment the night the landlord came in? I can’t see someone coming into an apartment at midnight for no reason. You need to tell us all facts if you want help and to answer the questions we ask to determine what happened.

We are not attorneys nor can we even give you any legal advice. If that’s what you are looking for, you’ll need to contact an attorney.

But we can’t help you without the full facts. Something just doesn’t add up.

Oct 6, 2019
Folks here are prepared to help, but you have not answered questions. If you go find help elsewhere, those folks will ask the same questions.

What city is the apartment in? Is it actually in the City of Los Angeles or is it in one the other 85 cities in Los Angeles County? Or is it in an unincorporated area?

What sort of a building is this? Is it an apartment building or is it a condominium?

Is the listing a legal listing?

Were you always paying through Booking.com? If so, why is there a change in payment platform?

Isn't it just easier to move elsewhere?
Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA

Jun 27, 2017
Some confusing statements:
--"She tells me that because of the dog barking and because of the second dog being here sometimes she is going to relocate me."
--"I explained to her that the dog issue had been worked out weeks ago. And the second dog will no longer be coming here."
--"I’m on camera with both dogs every day when I walk them....THE BUILDING was fully aware of the second dog."
--"My dog barks every once in a while but nothing extreme."
--"I’d say she will bark once every couple of days 10 seconds MAX."
--"I mean it’s ridiculous to think they don’t accept cards any more."(Lady X accepted credit cards, but now only accepts cash?)
--The title of this post is "Booking.com weekly rental says "they just don't want you here" - Is the rental really through Booking.com?
--Is there a rental agreement of ANY kind?

Reactions: jsn55
Oct 6, 2019
Some confusing statements:
--"She tells me that because of the dog barking and because of the second dog being here sometimes she is going to relocate me."
--"I explained to her that the dog issue had been worked out weeks ago. And the second dog will no longer be coming here."
--"I’m on camera with both dogs every day when I walk them....THE BUILDING was fully aware of the second dog."
--"My dog barks every once in a while but nothing extreme."
--"I’d say she will bark once every couple of days 10 seconds MAX."
--"I mean it’s ridiculous to think they don’t accept cards any more."(Lady X accepted credit cards, but now only accepts cash?)
--The title of this post is "Booking.com weekly rental says "they just don't want you here" - Is the rental really through Booking.com?
--Is there a rental agreement of ANY kind?
The first week I booked through booking.com...the following 3 weeks THE BUILDING charged the card I had on file with booking.com...the 5th and final week I paid cash directly to Lady X.

Is it ok if I post my email confirmation from booking.com or anything similar to a rental agreement?

Jun 24, 2019
The first week I booked through booking.com...the following 3 weeks THE BUILDING charged the card I had on file with booking.com...the 5th and final week I paid cash directly to Lady X.

Is it ok if I post my email confirmation from booking.com or anything similar to a rental agreement?
How did "The Building" have access to your credit card at Booking.com.

You are, of course, free to ignore questions as folks here try to figure out if they can offer help. But I'm still puzzled. We now have a building in Hollywood, which is a section of the City of Los Angeles. How does the "owner" or "Lady X" figure into this? Why do we need additional characters in this story? You booked through Booking.Com. If you chose to stay a second week you were free to go back to Booking.Com to see if the place was available. Is this a condo where there is an owner of the unit plus the building, or is this an apartment house?

Will the e-mail confirmation from Booking.Com for one week tell us anything about your subsequent stay? Doesn't Booking.com think you only stayed there a week?

Oct 6, 2019
You've not made clear what sort of unit this is. Is this an apartment in a regular apartment building? What City is it in (of the 86 cities in Los Angeles County).

Is the landlord the owner of the building or just the tenant who is (illegally) subletting?

Is the dog annoying anyone else?

Most evictions in California are now very difficult as most courts have extremely restricted services.
this
Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
[/QUOTE

This is a normal apartment building in Hollywood, Ca.

You are, of course, free to ignore questions as folks here try to figure out if they can offer help. But I'm still puzzled. We now have a building in Hollywood, which is a section of the City of Los Angeles. How does the "owner" or "Lady X" figure into this? Why do we need additional characters in this story? You booked through Booking.Com. If you chose to stay a second week you were free to go back to Booking.Com to see if the place was available. Is this a condo where there is an owner of the unit plus the building, or is this an apartment house?

Will the e-mail confirmation from Booking.Com for one week tell us anything about your subsequent stay? Doesn't Booking.com think you only stayed there a week?
I don’t mean to ignore questions. I will do my best to clear things up now.
You've not made clear what sort of unit this is. Is this an apartment in a regular apartment building? What City is it in (of the 86 cities in Los Angeles County).

Is the landlord the owner of the building or just the tenant who is (illegally) subletting?

Is the dog annoying anyone else?

Most evictions in California are now very difficult as most courts have extremely restricted services.
Developers have built many new luxury apartments buildings in the area. I don’t think one person owns the building itself. There is a company called Stayspro that lists numerous apartments from these new luxury apartment buildings. STAYSPRO is “THE BUILDING.”
LADY X works for STAYSPRO. I don’t know her exact job title. She lives another apartment building, not the one I rented.

Oct 6, 2019

The booking confirmation says ‘pets are welcome. No extra charges.’

Oct 6, 2019
The terms should be available on the confirmation you received when you booked.

You said you were out of the apartment until 8:30. Did you have your dog with you? If you didn’t, you don’t know if the dog was barking while you were out.

Was the second dog a certified dog? What does the the listing say about pets. Was the other dog a barker? Was the other dog at the apartment the night the landlord came in? I can’t see someone coming into an apartment at midnight for no reason. You need to tell us all facts if you want help and to answer the questions we ask to determine what happened.

We are not attorneys nor can we even give you any legal advice. If that’s what you are looking for, you’ll need to contact an attorney.

But we can’t help you without the full facts. Something just doesn’t add up.
I didn’t have the service animal with me the night I received a call about the barking.This night is separate from the night they entered the apt. The night she tried to enter the apt after hours the second dog was there.

Jun 24, 2019
I concur with Neil. You need to decide whether the cost of an attorney, to advise you of landlord/tenant law in the City of Los Angeles, is worth it, or whether you should just move on.