AT&T Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 2, 2020
Because of an error with my bank, Wells Fargo, using electronic payments I paid AT&T what I should have paid American Express and American Express received my monthly payment for AT&T. I now have $3,000+ credit with I have been trying to get refunded since February 28, 2020.

Apparently in setting up a new account I accidently transcribed the numbers to the accounts. I am just trying to get my money so that I can pay American Express. I am hoping that someone can help. I have a reference # from AT&T and I have talked to 14 employees at AT&T and each one tells me that they have submitted this for payment (refund), but after 5 weeks I still have a $3100 credit in my account. At my current spend rate that would cover me for 57 months.

Please I need some assistance in getting this money refunded. Does anyone know how I can get this money refunded?

Thanks

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Use our company contacts at AT&T and tell them you have been waiting five weeks.

Start with Rachel Simon since you’ve already dealt with Customer Service.

This is how to write:

Apr 2, 2020
Thank you. I already reach out to Ms. Simmons and one of her assistances, Orlanda Simmons, sent me an email. She said that she tried to call, but no there were no calls on the number that i provided. I did reply to the email and left a voice message, but as expected no response.
I hate to go this route, but I feel at this point my only choice is it turn this over to my attorney. I will wait until early next week before I get my lawyer involved to see if AT&T does anything.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Thank you. I already reach out to Ms. Simmons and one of her assistances, Orlanda Simmons, sent me an email. She said that she tried to call, but no there were no calls on the number that i provided. I did reply to the email and left a voice message, but as expected no response.
I hate to go this route, but I feel at this point my only choice is it turn this over to my attorney. I will wait until early next week before I get my lawyer involved to see if AT&T does anything.
Suggest you wait considerably longer. Your attorney will charge you a hefty fee for what appears to be your error, not your banks. This happened only Feb 28 per your post. These are not normal times. Wells Fargo has not been noted for good customer service even under normal business practices. In fact, they have been fined billions of dollars for their poor behavior.

Apr 2, 2020
Suggest you wait considerably longer. Your attorney will charge you a hefty fee for what appears to be your error, not your banks. This happened only Feb 28 per your post. These are not normal times. Wells Fargo has not been noted for good customer service even under normal business practices. In fact, they have been fined billions of dollars for their poor behavior.
While I appreciate your suggestion to wait longer, but no. AT&T would not wait if I were late on a payment. Well, maybe a month, but I am not that nice. Yes, it was my error, but it is my money. Wells Fargo has indeed been fined for extremely poor behavior mainly from the investment side of their business. Never did I say it was the fault of my bank. I clearly made an overpayment and now I would like that money back. My attorney is a relative so no charge there.
Actually, I had a discussion just a few minutes ago with a senior staff person at AT&T and hopefully early next week this will be resolved. My issue is not not allow your front line workers the authority to provide case number and reference number and tell customers that within 48 - 72 hours things will be resolved if the company is not going to back those commitments. This should never have had to go this high up within a corporation. Empower the employees to do their jobs.

Apr 10, 2017
>>My attorney is a relative so no charge there. <<
Oftentimes, you get what you pay for. I'm very much a proponent of never using family members for legal, medical, accounting, etc. advice. You pay a professional who does the job without getting it intertwined with family dynamics. That said, these are strange times and my opinion would be that you need more patience and less a lawyer.

Reactions: divinemsmstl

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
ATT is an incredibly moribund organization, but you won't find much help there by complaining and telling them how you'd run their business. If you have a solid payment record, call AmEx and see if they can cut you some slack. Then keep the pressure on ATT with weekly emails.

GAT

Apr 23, 2018
This won't solve your current problem, but it might be worth considering for the future. Instead of paying your various recurring bills directly to each provider, charge them all to Amex, then make one monthly payment to Amex. You probably won't be able to do this for all your bills because some providers don't accept Amex. But most do. The charges automatically go to Amex, and Amex notifies you every time a charge comes through, so you can determine its veracity. Then set up Amex to automatically debit your bank account with each monthly payment. In addition to making your life a little simpler, those Amex charges can earn you extra miles or points if you use an awards-based card. This might not be a solution for you, but it does work well for me, so I thought I'd mention it.

Reactions: LeeM and Skippy
Apr 2, 2020
I am happy to report that I have received my refund for the over payment. It only took 6 weeks and a few emails to the executive offices of AT&T. This after speaking to 14 front line employees who all told me that I would get the refund within 48 - 72 hours.
Thanks for all of the advice and assistance.

• Love
Reactions: Skippy and Jessamyn