Allegiant Air non-responsive!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 30, 2018
Allegiant airfares are dirt cheap. Usually way below cancel and change charges. I would have just have wrote this off. Not worth travel insurance as most fares are below $ 100.-
my experience with. Allegiant are very good with brand new planes and professional staff.

Mar 2, 2020
Please stay on topic. The fares are not the issue the OP is having. They canceled and didn’t have travel insurance.
the travel insurance was more than the amount money they credited the ticket for future use - that doesn't make sense. I am in the insurance industry so am well versed. In typical situations, it is good - not for an Allegiant ticket. I have contacted the names on this website numerous times - no response. Thank you.

Mar 2, 2020
If you do not have any protection — either from buying tripflex or travel insurance it is an uphill battle. You are asking for the benefit of TripFlex or travel insurance without having to pay for it.

You agreed to the airline’s terms when buying the ticket so you did accept the terms and now demanding a full refund may not lead anywhere. It is often better to ask for a credit. It is up to the airline to make a goodwill exception and they are under no obligation to do this — you are asking for a favor.
exactly. I would just like a reply - anything. Now with other issues with the pandamic, I can't imagine hearing anything but had to try.

Reactions: jsn55

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately, these fees are always nonrefundable - from their website:

Qualifying air itineraries and packages can be canceled without penalty within 24 hours of booking, provided the scheduled time of departure was at least one week (168 hours) away at time of booking. Otherwise, all purchases of travel, hotel packages, auto, activities or services, baggage and seat fees, related booking fees, carrier charges, and taxes are non-refundable.

This is one of the drawbacks of some low fare airlines - they don't offer much customer service.

This is how they make their money. If they aren't responding, it is probably because they aren't going to provide a refund. Sadly, ever case that comes here is not always won. This is a post that tells you more about our advocacy: