Aegean Air/Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 18, 2020
I am a travel agent, and have been having problems getting a refund from Aegean Air for a schedule change. My clients' flight was changed from JMKATH which made it impossible to connect with flight from ATHMAD. Aegean cannot accommodate them on another flight on 09/02/2020. Airlines have always refunded for involuntary schedule change. Now Aegean is only offering credit vouchers, which do not resolve the problem. If the vouchers are not used, apparently my clients can get a refund after a year! This has nothing to do with covid, and makes no sense. My clients need a resolution now. We can wait until travel date to see if airline resumes normal cancellation policies, but that does not solve the problem. Thank you.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Here is your problem- these aren’t US airports so our DOT rules about refunds don’t apply. You are stuck with the air rules in Greece.

And Greece has put in place a new law that travel suppliers don’t have to provide refunds. They can issue a travel credit and if the credit is not used within 18 months, then they can receive a refund and that is most likely your only option as they state.

Jun 18, 2020
Thank you so much. I will go ahead with the credit vouchers, and they will have to wait for the refund. Funnily enough my client's last name is Maley!
Valerie. Windsor Travel.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We are having a similar problem with a Greek cruise line
not refunding for clients that canceled before the pandemic was in full swing. They are not budging and our clients are furious because they should have had a refund in April.