Interstate 10 is one of the longest highways in North America, stretching 3,959 miles from Jacksonville, Fla., to Santa Monica, Calif. For the last week, I-10 has been our constant companion as we’ve driven from Orlando out to California (today we’re in Prescott, Ariz., visiting family).
But I want to tell you just one more thing in this week’s issue of my newsletter — something you wouldn’t know if you fly coast-to-coast, as I normally do, and don’t see America from ground level: From the pine forests of Northern Florida to the canyons of the Sonoran desert, this is a beautiful country. Try seeing like this some time, I think you’ll like it.
Elliott’s E-Mail is brought to you by our friends at LuggagePros, which offers the widest selection of luggage, plus an exclusive 115% low price guarantee and free returns on all products. Now that’s customer service!
By the way, a big thank you to everyone who became an underwriter last week and received a signed copy of my book. I’m all out of books now, but I’m doing my best to get some more.
In this week’s issue:
• Which cruise line is the best of kids? Check out our National Geographic Traveler post about our experiences on Disney and NCL, and cast your vote!
• On Mint.com, check out my story on what can be learned from your failures as a consumer, and read about one customer’s phone bill trouble. It’s a shocker.
• Read all about the problems of the TSA’s PreCheck in my Washington Post column. Losing the government’s trust could be a lot easier than you think.
• Was this car rental customer scammed? Tell me what you think.
• Oh no, my critics think I’m a fraud! What should I do? Here’s a chance to give me your unfiltered opinion of my so-called consumer “advocacy.”
• Are vacation clubs a scam? Your vote, please.
• This flight attendant behaved very, very badly. Does the passenger deserve any compensation?
Many, many thanks to everyone who has shown us their hospitality on the road, including our friends at the Radisson in El Paso, the good people in Rockport, Tex., and at the Hampton Inn in Biloxi, Miss. Our family is very grateful for the warm welcome.