Yahoo travel agrees that your ticket means nothing

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
Reactions: AAGK, Sam and VoR61

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Article says "Brancatelli recommends going online and comparing the overall Peoria-to-St. Petersburg fare the airline quotes you against the individual fares you’d get if you were to book separate flights from Peoria to New York and from New York to St. Petersburg. Whichever option is the cheapest is the one you go with."

Perhaps, but I've never seen that unless I use multiple airlines. Saved my brother about $120 by doing that.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Like all the other national media, I wouldn't take anything Yahoo Travel tells me as gospel. Just the posts about "booking different segments" above tell me that Yahoo is clueless about real travel advice. They're just on the "buy everything at the cheapest price you can find" bandwagon. Because that's what people want to hear ... then when they're marooned in Morocco they can spend $8K to get the family home. This constant quest for cheapest surely makes life easier for those of us who are interested in a quality experience.

Reactions: VoR61 and AAGK