Where to begin?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 10, 2020
Last year in July, I booked an American Queen Steamboat Company Mississippi River cruise with AAA that was canceled in April, 2020. When I asked for a refund in March, AAA told me it would take at least 90 days to get the refund. It has now been more than 100 days. When I called AAA again, I learned that an intermediary travel agency - Pleasant Holidays- had booked the cruise, and they had not received the refund from American Queen. It would take at least 120 days for the refund. Do I register my complaint with the executives of AAA, or do I try to contact Pleasant Holidays or the steamboat company? Do you have contact information for those two companies?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You have to go through AAA, since that’s who you booked through and it’s up to them to deal with Pleasant.

I will tell I am very sure if Pleasant had received the refund, they would have refunded it back to AAA. Pleasant has been one of the most upstanding travel suppliers as far as getting refunds. What was the cruise date?

Your issue is American Queen- they are refunding as cash comes in according to travel date.

AAA needs to advocate for you and follow up.