We've added 15GB of data to your plan and increased your monthly rate by $10

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 22, 2019
Recently, I got an email from AT&T (for my 30GB shared-plan) saying:
"We've added 15GB of data to your plan and increased your monthly rate by $10". I apparently have no choice than to accept. Anyone got similar emails and tried to contact retention teams or regular customer service?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Hilarious! I'm not surprised that ATT still is shooting themselves in the foot ... hard to believe they still have any feet left. This is the epitome of their customer culture, sheer arrogance. Throw the $10 at everyone and hope that the majority of customers just shrug. Give little accessible information with the notice. Let the customer track it down. What a bunch of bozos.

Reactions: jsmithw
Nov 27, 2019
You can switch to the Mobile Share Value 35GB with Rollover Data plan, and get more data (35GB vs. 30GB) for $20 less ($110 vs $130) than you had been paying in the past.

Probably worth a phone call to AT&T, or at least 10 minutes on their website.

Reactions: VoR61

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You can switch to the Mobile Share Value 35GB with Rollover Data plan, and get more data (35GB vs. 30GB) for $20 less ($110 vs $130) than you had been paying in the past.

Probably worth a phone call to AT&T, or at least 10 minutes on their website.
The problem is that TMobile may not be available in the OPs area and her phone may not be compatible, requiring a new phone.

My has wanted to move to TMobile for years but there is no service where her daughter lives and she has to work when there. So that’s why she can’t change providers.

Nov 27, 2019
The problem is that TMobile may not be available in the OPs area and her phone may not be compatible, requiring a new phone.

My has wanted to move to TMobile for years but there is no service where her daughter lives and she has to work when there. So that’s why she can’t change providers.
Why are you bringing up T-Mobile? I was talking about AT&T. The OP doesn't need to change providers, just plans. AT&T raised the price and GB for all their plans. They previously paid $130 for 30GB. Their choice now is to pay $140 for 45GB ($10 more for 15GB more), or $110 for 35GB ($20 LESS for 5GB more).
Capture - Copy.JPG

Aug 30, 2015

Which phones are compatible with AT&T but not T-Mobile? Do you have an example? It is Verizon you have to worry about and Sprint, not AT&T/T-Mobile.

Nov 27, 2019
Which phones are compatible with AT&T but not T-Mobile? Do you have an example? It is Verizon you have to worry about and Sprint, not AT&T/T-Mobile.
Any reasonably recent (i.e. last 4-5 years) phone from AT&T will work on T-Mobile, but phones that are several years old might not have the 600MHz band that T-Mobile has been deploying in the last two years to improve their coverage outside of major metro areas.

That said, this is a tangent.

Jan 1, 2017
i had the same experience, and contacted At&t. The phone plan I was on was discontinued, according to the representative. the new plan actually will save me money, because we regularly exceeded our allowance on the old plan. Perhaps there's an even less expensive plan with the same data availability, but at least I am saving money.