"We couldn't display your trip results."

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 1, 2018
Myself and a friend have tickets with American Airlines to travel round trip from PHL to GLA, via LHR. We are scheduled to leave May 4 and return Jun 3, 2020.
On Monday March 3, I got an email from AA regarding a change in our flight. The change was a 5 minute change in the departure time of the GLA - LHR flight on Jun 3. There was also a button "View your updated trip" so I clicked that and got this message:
"We couldn't display your trip results. Please contact reservations for help."
That's all I get now when I try to go to our reservation.
Has anyone seen this before, or have any idea what it means?
Should I try to contact reservations despite AA's "if you’re not traveling in the next 72 hours, please wait until closer to your trip to call." message?

We planned to wait until the airline cancels our flights so we can get a refund, as we hope to re-book for May 2021 and AA's current "cancel and re-book" terms are only good for travel by Nov 2020 (a year from when our tickets were issued).

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I tried to do a mock booking and your first flight isn’t shown.

Yes, wait and see if AA cancel the flight or is issuing a cancellation waiver. If you cancel before they officially offer waivers, you’ll be charged a cancellation fee. You can try calling them but you will be in hold hours. Or try going to our company contacts and contacting AA.

Sep 19, 2015
Right now PHL is not one of the airports that is allowed to have flights from Schengen or the UK -- the airport lacks the screening abilities. But no one knows what till happen in the near future.

I think it is better to wait.

Dec 10, 2018
Not on American, but Alaska, I get a similar message when reviewing my trip and there's a schedule change. I think they prefer to confirm human-to-human that you got the message and are ok with the change. But that was back in the good old, pre-virus days. Ah... such fond memories.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
You can probably pick up some intel on FlyerTalk ... they have great forums and if your exact subject has not been posted in the last week or so, create a new one asking other AA flyers for input. The travel challenges that we are all facing right now are not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. You can certainly call AA, but the wait is probably counted in hours instead of minutes, and you have the luxury of time.

Nov 1, 2018
A bit of a twist...
Our flights were booked through American Airlines but the first 3 of the 4 legs are operated by British Airways.
I just got an email from BA, and they allow me to see our complete reservation, no "We couldn't display your trip..." message. Also, BA's cancel and re-book policy allows us to re-book on "flights taken within 12 months of your original date of departure", which is what we want to do.

But based on the terms and conditions, it's not clear to me if I could even get the BA voucher, since flights were booked with AA. Can anyone tell me how this might work in a codeshare case?

Anyway, as already advised, we will continue to wait to see what changes appear in the future.
Thank you All!

Reactions: jsn55

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
A bit of a twist...
Our flights were booked through American Airlines but the first 3 of the 4 legs are operated by British Airways.
I just got an email from BA, and they allow me to see our complete reservation, no "We couldn't display your trip..." message. Also, BA's cancel and re-book policy allows us to re-book on "flights taken within 12 months of your original date of departure", which is what we want to do.

But based on the terms and conditions, it's not clear to me if I could even get the BA voucher, since flights were booked with AA. Can anyone tell me how this might work in a codeshare case?

Anyway, as already advised, we will continue to wait to see what changes appear in the future.
Thank you All!
Indeed, this is a twist and I will be curious to see what the answer is. You have an incredibly simple yet complex issue here. One that I believe could be handled in 20 minutes by a senior agent on the phone. I applaud you for waiting, so many people are tying up resources to fix problems in the future ... we need to leave travel providers alone for a bit so they can deal with all the issues that are a problem tomorrow and the next day, not next month. Good luck and please don't forget to let us know what happens.

Jun 29, 2016
Silicon Valley California
One reason that the website cannot show your trip results is that sometimes you have to acknowledge the change which then retickets it to the new time. I have had it happen where my schedule change required attention so I called up the airline and accepted or declined the change based upon what my needs were.

Other times the BA Reservation system may not be "talking" well with the AA system on a Codeshare flight so all management would be done under the BA side even if booked under AA or vice versa. Other times it could be the flight was cancelled and the airline is awaiting you to ask for a refund or change the ticket to another future flight or hold the funds for future travel.

I would call up the airline operating the flight to ask and see if they can patch in AA in case it was not ticketed properly.

Hope this helps!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
One reason that the website cannot show your trip results is that sometimes you have to acknowledge the change which then retickets it to the new time. I have had it happen where my schedule change required attention so I called up the airline and accepted or declined the change based upon what my needs were.

Other times the BA Reservation system may not be "talking" well with the AA system on a Codeshare flight so all management would be done under the BA side even if booked under AA or vice versa. Other times it could be the flight was cancelled and the airline is awaiting you to ask for a refund or change the ticket to another future flight or hold the funds for future travel.

I would call up the airline operating the flight to ask and see if they can patch in AA in case it was not ticketed properly.

Hope this helps!
I doubt if anyone is having any "happy travels" these days. While you raise some good points about action needed with a change, it is unlikely that anyone will answer the phone, much less "patch in" another airline. All will be settled in due course, as we recover from this horrible corona mess.

IN THE FUTURE The only way to get along with a partner/code-share flight is to obtain the Confirmation Code of the airline who will actually be flying you. Keep track on that airline's website. Don't rely on one airline to give you accurate information about the other, check them both regularly.

GAT

Apr 23, 2018
You might ask BA if they might be willing to ask AA to hand the reservation and ticket over to BA so they can make your desired changes. A year ago, DL got AF to hand over my ticket so DL could process some changes required by an AF schedule change. I had bought the ticket through AF, but the originating flight was DL a slightly different situation from yours. But you could always try.

Nov 1, 2018
Update...
This week AA changed my flights again, both PHL-LHR flights were changed, but they also removed Glasgow from the itinerary! Obviously, this was not acceptable. I called early this morning, and got through with no wait. I pointed out the change and the representative asked if I wanted a refund. Um, yes!
I got the cancellation email, and expect the refund in 7-10 days.