WAY.COM is refusing all refunds--

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 6, 2017
Just so everyone knows--way.com is refusing all refunds. Even though they had a refund policy that for parking for a full refund as long as cancelled at least one day in advance--right now they are just refusing saying they just cant do it. Interestingly it looks like they tried to change their cancellation policy online "in retrospect" ie for previous reservations, not just ongoing. I filed a credit card dispute. I filed a complaint with the State AGs office. Any other suggestions?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Just so everyone knows--way.com is refusing all refunds. Even though they had a refund policy that for parking for a full refund as long as cancelled at least one day in advance--right now they are just refusing saying they just cant do it. Interestingly it looks like they tried to change their cancellation policy online "in retrospect" ie for previous reservations, not just ongoing. I filed a credit card dispute. I filed a complaint with the State AGs office. Any other suggestions?
They may simply not have any cash flow or cash reserves and cannot refund any money. They, like a lot of similar businesses, may not be able to continue operations since their demand, and income, must be near zero

Apr 6, 2017
Just to follow up--I did win the credit card dispute. Took a whiel. The key was a screen shot of the refund policy at the time I made the reservation. Since I had the original screen shot I used that to "counter" the statement from the company that prior to the date of making my reservation they chged their policy to "no refunds" (basically the company was literally back-dating information on their website..which they did in March saying they did it in Feb....)

So whats the lesson here--(1) like airlines just make reservations directly and (2) like photographing the rental car before and after--take screenshots as webpages are easily chged....

Apr 6, 2017
Again--key lesson--take screen shots when you make the reservation....its unfortunate that that is what is needed but its the way it is now...

Reactions: Carrie Livingston