Water Damage Claim from Dish Installation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 25, 2019
To Those Who Can Resolve My Claim

We have been Customers of Dish for a long time and are not satisfied with the lack of resolution in a claim we filed on August 12, 2019 against Dish. We received a letter from Max Weisman at LinkUs denying our claim for water damage.

We experienced some water stains on the upper inside wall of our dinning room. We called a contractor to investigate the problem. After removing the exterior siding it was evident that there was a large stain from water on the wood under the siding where the Dish was installed. We had him continue the repairers and notified Dish of the problem. The agent assigned to our case Max Weisman wanted to come out and take pictures. We told him that the area was being work on along with other unrelated areas near the dinning room window about 10 feet away and that the Dish had been removed. The contractor couldn't even open up the siding to resolve the leak issue without removing the Dish. We had taken many pictures and provided them to him along with pictures of the board that the Dish was attached to. Which we still have.

We received a denial letter with no further correspondence. In the first paragraph we were told his denial was based on not having the opportunity to view the Dish attached to the house. I don't understand how we could resolve the leak issue without first removing the Dish? It was only then that the damage was visible. The contractor estimated the damage at $1000.

Then a clause of policy followed in the next paragraph stating in essence that Dish is not responsible for their installations. How can a company not take reasonable care in installation of the Dish on the side of our house. Shame on you Dish and those who work for Dish, they are fully aware of the damage they cause.

Aug 25, 2019
I was mistaken on the date. It was February 2017. The leak has been slow to show up. We noticed the leak on the interior wall from last years rain storms.

Jan 11, 2019
After 2 1/2 years of the dish being installed I doubt seriously they will reimburse you for water damage. I would think if the installation caused damage it would have been evident after the first rain after installation, not years later. Not only that, but I'm sure Dish covered themselves of any liability in the contract you signed. It wouldn't hurt to try and get compensation. I have my satellite dish on a tall pole in the ground. I don't like holes etc drilled into my house.

Reactions: VoR61

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I have to agree. One year I could understand if taking a while to show up but if the installation was bad you would have noticed it before two years had elapsed.

His old is your roof?

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
While 2 years is important, the contractor found: "After removing the exterior siding it was evident that there was a large stain from water on the wood under the siding where the Dish was installed." That seems very clear to me as a highly likely source for the problem. Depending on the size of the leak, it may have taken 2 years for the problem to become visible (my opinion) . . .

Aug 25, 2019
While 2 years is important, the contractor found: "After removing the exterior siding it was evident that there was a large stain from water on the wood under the siding where the Dish was installed." That seems very clear to me as a highly likely source for the problem. Depending on the size of the leak, it may have taken 2 years for the problem to become visible (my opinion) . . .
The dish was attached to the side of the house not on the roof. The weight of the dish pulled out the board it was attached to and no caulk was used when the bracket was attached to the house. That is where the leak started.
Mine is on a pole now too!!!

Reactions: VoR61

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The process is you send it to one at a time waiting a week in between emails. You want to work from the bottom up and if you sent one email to all three it is likely the email went to spam and you won’t hear from any of them.

Please read the thread I gave you on how to escalate and start over.

Reactions: jsn55