Walmart.com vendor mask scam

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

DZ5

Apr 17, 2020
UPDATE: My first order from MANCRO has finally been turned over to the USPS for delivery on Monday the 27th....just about one month late.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
UPDATE: My first order from MANCRO has finally been turned over to the USPS for delivery on Monday the 27th....just about one month late.
These orders are being shipped by sea from China. Delivery typically takes 4-6+ weeks.

Apr 26, 2020
I ordered on April 3.
Here is my tracking information.
Was supposed to receive them between April 9 and April 14.

I never received them. Contacted the seller through the Walmart site and did not receive a response. I did this twice. Contacted my credit card company and disputed the charge. Within a few hours of contacting my credit card company I received an email from Walmart stating they credited me back my money. I think Mancro prints bogus shipping labels, sends the information to the post office and never send the merchandise.

This was the explanation about the refund.

Mask(s) on this order from Seller Mancros are late and presumed lost so being adjusted 100%. If they do happen to arrive, Customer may donate or dispose.​
Total Adjustment:​

April 11, 2020, 7:44 pm
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
ROCHESTER, NY 14692
Shipping Partner: JET E-COMMERCE LOGISTIC INC
Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 7:44 pm on April 11, 2020 in ROCHESTER, NY 14692. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
April 6, 2020, 12:50 am
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
ROCHESTER, NY 14692
April 5, 2020, 11:55 pm
Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
ROCHESTER, NY 14692

DZ5

Apr 17, 2020
Finally received my mask order from MANCRO thru Walmart.com. It was ordered on April 2nd and supposed to be delivered by April 8th. Yes...... Neil it came from China....although it was supposed to be shipped from the US according to the original order info.

So it looks like Jet-E Commerce Logistic Inc eventually comes thru.....although there was a bogus shipping entry date at one point that only appeared on Walmart.Com's tracking site and not on the USPS site..Here's the complete shipping info in case anyone else here wants a look at how long the saga took and the trail:

April 27, 2020, 3:58 pm
Delivered, In/At Mailbox
VISTA, CA 92084
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 3:58 pm on April 27, 2020 in VISTA, CA 92084.
April 27, 2020, 10:58 am
Out for Delivery
VISTA, CA 92084
April 27, 2020, 10:47 am
Arrived at Post Office
VISTA, CA 92084
April 27, 2020, 2:43 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SAN DIEGO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 26, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
April 25, 2020, 5:29 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SAN DIEGO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 25, 2020, 1:38 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
CITY OF INDUSTRY CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 25, 2020, 12:28 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 24, 2020, 10:58 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 24, 2020, 9:43 pm
Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility
ANAHEIM CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

THIS BOGUS ONE APPEARED ON WALMART.COM'S SITE:
Fri, Apr 10
  • 1:39 pm
    Tendered to postal service
    ANAHEIM, CA.

• The USPS tracking shows no record of receiving the package (I find it weird that they would use "postal service" instead of USPS.)

April 9, 2020, 8:55 pm
ANAHEIM, CA 92899
April 3, 2020, 4:15 pm
ANAHEIM, CA 92899
April 3, 2020, 3:24 pm
ANAHEIM, CA 92899

Thanks for everyone's help & advice here.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I knew it came from China. I hope in the future you will check reviews on the sellers before buying. And does it surprise you that a company from China is sending bogus shipping information? I hope you will leave a review warning others the stuff is coming from China.

DZ5

Apr 17, 2020
Received the other masks from JOYBUY....a little over a week late...also from China.

Apr 30, 2020
Same issue I was purchasing mask filters from Walmart thinking the purchase would be local...The seller is not readily searchable until after transaction.

Walmart Customer Service <[email protected]>
8:55 AM (10 hours ago)

to Mary

Walmart shields the Bogus sellers:

Hi Mxxxx xxxx xxxx:

We've contacted Topkaran on your behalf. Someone from their team will contact you with in 1 business day.

Sales Order ID: 3662023183126

Item ID: 250845812

Item: 20PCS Mask Breathing Pads 1-20PCS

Tracking Number: 92001902643734000102651960 Your package is on its way to a USPS facility. Sign up to get updates, and we'll send you a delivery date and time when available. USPS Premium Tracking™ Available Status On Its Way to USPS April 9, 2020 at 9:27 pm Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item ANAHEIM, CA 92899

Thank you,

Walmart Customer Service Team

When you go to USPS site to track below is what comes up.

The phone number for seller has VM full.

Walmart Customer sx site has a chat and sends you is circles.

Walmart and the sellers need to be rported to the BBB.

What about a class action suit against Walmart...

April 9, 2020, 9:27 pm
ANAHEIM, CA 92899
Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 9:27 pm on April 9, 2020 in ANAHEIM, CA 92899. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
April 6, 2020, 12:55 am
ANAHEIM, CA 92899

April 6, 2020, 12:12 am
ANAHEIM, CA 92899

Reactions: DZ5

Mel65

Mar 23, 2015
To weihlac: Maybe I don’t know the correct definition of scam but when there are 5 photos of masks and the item name and description says masks and the reviews say they get make up brushes.....at the very least it’s dishonest and a purposeful deception.

I am trying to be proactive about returning and getting my account credit because, the reviewers of the product I ordered, got brushes. And I am hoping that drawing attention to this will force them to take those products off the website. I will still be ok if I lose my money but for some people who order now (because it’s still on the website) they will be ripped off!
The vendor probably sells many items. I’ve noticed, even on Amazon, that I’ll see reviews for different products on the page I’m looking at. You’re jumping to a conclusion and asking for a solution to a problem that hasn’t been created yet. You need to wait and see.

May 3, 2020
I ordered the mask from this seller. He's is nothing but a cheat. He would take your money and send you a fake tracking number. But will not send it. Don't do any good asking for a refund. I have contacted Walmart about him. Walmart told me to wait for a reply. It's been a week. Haven't heard a word from him. Walmart knows that this seller is a scam artist and haven't suspend him.

May 4, 2020
To Neil Maley: There were zero reviews posted when I ordered the masks. I saw the reviews when I thought about reordering more for my family. I tried to cancel but because it’s part of the Walmart Marketplace, the link took me to email address of vendor. There was no reply and frankly no incentive to reply.

I did speak with a Walmart customer service person and she assured me there will be pre-paid return labels in the boxes. I asked would the label work even if it shipped directly from China. She said they started returning Marketplace items to a warehouse in the U.S. to expedite credits on returns. Stay tuned about that. She also told me the stores do not take back Marketplace items at the store locations. She also was familiar with the issue but did not know why the other mask products from that company we deleted.
I ordered the disposable mask from Walmart marketplace from a vendor by the name of Manco on April 14. I called a could not get an answer, after tracking the package I found out it was lost with USPS well they finally arrived today and I was told to print the return label and bring it in to my local Walmart for a refund.

Jun 3, 2020
I'm a long-time reader but first time posting. I had an experience identical to DZ5 so won't repeat the details. Eventually I contacted Walmart and got a refund. About a week later (about 5 weeks after being billed) I did receive the masks. Today I received the following email (I've omitted the sender name/email):

Dear Customer:
Good day,
thank you so much for ordering masks in out store, we are so glad that you have got the item after the long waiting.
But unfortunately,the platform has issued full refund to you .As you see ,we have spend much time and money on this order ,if full refund ,we will suffer a big loss ,i will be fired too.
Do you want to keep the goods? If yes, could you repay to us?
Can you repay to us by Paypal account or credit card ?we can send you invoice by Paypal.
I would be so appreciate for that.
Looking forward your soon reply.
Hope you have a nice day
Best wishes & Regards

I believe I will try the Walmart executive contacts. I am happy to pay for the goods as I did eventually receive them, but will not pay this merchant directly. I think that Walmart might want to know about this merchant reaching out to customers outside of the Walmart system? Any thoughts?

Apr 8, 2020
I apologize for not returning to this site, since I my first original posts, but I was have been distracted by managing care, long distance, for my 91 year old father in a nursing home with Covid. (Plus, I wasn’t in the mood to read condescending or snarky comments when I was stressed out enough!) BTW: Fortunately, he has recovered. Here is my follow up post.

1) Resolution of issue: My original order was April 4, when this whole virus thing was just starting. Weeks after my call with customer service, I received a email stating they will give me credit for all the masks I ordered (multiple orders because I was sending to several locations, not because I was stupid enough to keep ordering). The email stated that if I eventually received the merchandise, I could keep it. Weeks after the email, I did receive the masks and donated them to our local food bank.
2) Take away:
For years, I have ordered A LOT online, from a variety of vendors. I usually received the goods in a timely fashion. I never had the need to ask where the items were being shipped from because it was never an issue. After the mask issue, there have been other items delayed for a variety of reasons, as stated on previous posts. I notice many more people online asking where the items are being shipped from and when I add the comment that “they are shipped from China”, the company deletes the comment. Walmart handled the situation fine after I contacted them. But I’m not sure if they are still refunding everyone at this point.

To the companies: What I expect now from online business is transparency. Just tell me the truth so I can decide if the item is worth the wait or if it will be arriving too late for my personal needs or too late for my granddaughter’s birthday or whatever. It feels a bit like “bait and switch“. (A company promises a product with a reasonable delivery time and then after they get my money, they change the delivery time.) I also expect that a major corporation would vet companies selling under their good name.

To the people on this site: I have worked the sales floor for a big retail company for 12 years and my husband is a small business owner..... I “get” that issues that have arisen due to Covid-19. It is just not helpful to tell me that I should have been more aware about Chinese companies or that I should make or buy masks elsewhere or to argue with me about the use of the word “scam”! Duh...I figured all that out and, by the way, I have sewn about 75 masks for family and friends. We were all just trying to figure this out during the early weeks.

People coming to this site are seeking help navigating a difficult and sometimes emotional issue. A secondary reason, is to warn people and to share strategies. Some of you understand that....the rest, not so much. Hope you all are staying safe and have resolved your mask issues .

Reactions: BPAZ