Walmart.com vendor mask scam

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 10, 2017
I don't know if walmart has the same kind of guarantees as ebay, but I ran into the same problem on ebay. Within 2 hours of when I made them aware of the non-arrival of the item, I had my refund.

Apr 21, 2020
I purchased the same item on Walmart's website. I didn't receive my item either. I had never had a problem with any of Walmart's vendors so I thought nothing of it. I got my refund through my bank USAA and they put a stop payment on the vendor being able to debit from my account. I also noticed that Walmart has removed this vendor from the website.

DZ5

Apr 17, 2020
So far neither of my mask packages have arrived from Mancro nor Joybuy from Walmart.Com. Last week I did order a 40 pk. from a 3rd party on EBay and they arrived yesterday.

I think Jet-E Commerce is now fraudulently adding info to the tracking. On tracking thru Walmart.Com the Mancro package shipping is showing a:

Fri, Apr 10
  • 1:39 pm
    Tendered to postal service
    ANAHEIM, CA.
    That's 11 days ago. The USPS tracking shows no record of receiving the package (I find it weird that they would use "postal service" instead of USPS.)

On tracking thru Walmart.Com the JOYBUY packing shipping is showing a :

Mon, Apr 13
    12:29 pm
    ANAHEIM, CA
    That's 8 days ago. The USPS tracking shows no record of receiving this package either.

Currently on hold with Walmart.Com to get answers.

Apr 21, 2020
So far neither of my mask packages have arrived from Mancro nor Joybuy from Walmart.Com. Last week I did order a 40 pk. from a 3rd party on EBay and they arrived yesterday.

I think Jet-E Commerce is now fraudulently adding info to the tracking. On tracking thru Walmart.Com the Mancro package shipping is showing a:

Fri, Apr 10
    ANAHEIM, CA.
    That's 11 days ago. The USPS tracking shows no record of receiving the package (I find it weird that they would use "postal service" instead of USPS.)

On tracking thru Walmart.Com the JOYBUY packing shipping is showing a :

Mon, Apr 13
    12:29 pm
    ANAHEIM, CA
    That's 8 days ago. The USPS tracking shows no record of receiving this package either.

Currently on hold with Walmart.Com to get answers.

USPS is actually the United States Postal Service and UPS is the United Parcel Service. It is easy for them to have a USPS account and put information into the system to generate a tracking number. It just simply means they put information into the system to give a false sense of a package coming. I know this because at my office we use USPS, UPS and FedEx and whenever I put information in the system to have a package delivered a tracking number is generated. I would suggest that if you get no resolve with Walmart you contact your bank. Good luck!!!!!

Apr 21, 2020
I bought Masks from Walmart on April 3rd. Have gotten the exact same runaround. Shipped by Manco and will be delivered April 13th. Since then all I get is 'delayed check back later'. Every attempt at information is met by same letter saying some will get back to me in 1 business day. Nothing has happened . Impossible to call Walmart their automated system keeps saying 'order shipped, due to arrive April 13th' wait time to speak to Walmart rep on phone is over an hour.
Any recourse?

Reactions: DZ5
Apr 21, 2020

Fri, Apr 10
    ANAHEIM, CA.

On tracking thru Walmart.Com the JOYBUY packing shipping
Macro face mask rip-off at Walmart

I finally got hip today in looking at shipping details with 2Mancro face mask orders from Walmart for me and my elderly mother from April 4. The shipping details show on

April 8 pick up/arrived ship partner USPS awaits item North Houston

April 15 same thing and ‘Tendered to postal service’. Hmmm

I emailed seller for a refund and I’ll escalate to Walmart CS.

Reactions: DZ5

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I bought Masks from Walmart on April 3rd. Have gotten the exact same runaround. Shipped by Manco and will be delivered April 13th. Since then all I get is 'delayed check back later'. Every attempt at information is met by same letter saying some will get back to me in 1 business day. Nothing has happened . Impossible to call Walmart their automated system keeps saying 'order shipped, due to arrive April 13th' wait time to speak to Walmart rep on phone is over an hour.
Any recourse?
Only an hour? Can’t you put the phone in speaker and do something else while you are waiting? If you can’t cancel it online, you have to call.

Reactions: jsn55

DZ5

Apr 17, 2020
USPS is actually the United States Postal Service and UPS is the United Parcel Service. It is easy for them to have a USPS account and put information into the system to generate a tracking number. It just simply means they put information into the system to give a false sense of a package coming. I know this because at my office we use USPS, UPS and FedEx and whenever I put information in the system to have a package delivered a tracking number is generated. I would suggest that if you get no resolve with Walmart you contact your bank. Good luck!!!!!
I went to the Walmart Chat line on their web site. I was #5678 in line with a 91 minute wait. I did other things while waiting. Finally they got on, I explained situation and she asked if I wanted a refund for each delivery that hasn't arrived. I said yes. She then says they will credit my credit card and then posts a standard response for me to read.

'Allow up to 2-3 weeks for your refund of $22.94 to post to your original form of payment. Please use the prepaid mailing label to mail the item(s) to the return center. To avoid potentially being recharged, do NOT return these item(s) to a store.If customers asks why 2-3 weeks, this includes the time it takes the package to arrive to the Returns Center, up to 5 business days to check in the item(s), and up to 5 business days for the refund to post to your account. <20Pcs Soft And Comfortable Hanging Ear Mask>"

i asked her how can I return something I never got? She says, "you did not receive items so you do not have to resend them." She then says anything else? and ends chat.

15 seconds later I get 2 emails (1 email for each item) from Walmart telling me

"We'll process the refund within 48 hours of the item being delivered to Joybuy. You'll need to send the item listed below back using the prepaid label at the end of this email, by May 21, 2020."

"We'll process the refund within 48 hours of the item being delivered to Mancro. You'll need to send the item listed below back using the prepaid label at the end of this email, by May 21, 2020."

I made it clear to the chat person that I never got the items...THAT is my complaint. But I get these in response. I give up. I guess I'll just eat the $100 and chalk it up to stupidity for ever using Walmart.Com in the first place.

Sep 19, 2015
I went to the Walmart Chat line on their web site. I was #5678 in line with a 91 minute wait. I did other things while waiting. Finally they got on, I explained situation and she asked if I wanted a refund for each delivery that hasn't arrived. I said yes. She then says they will credit my credit card and then posts a standard response for me to read.

'Allow up to 2-3 weeks for your refund of $22.94 to post to your original form of payment. Please use the prepaid mailing label to mail the item(s) to the return center. To avoid potentially being recharged, do NOT return these item(s) to a store.If customers asks why 2-3 weeks, this includes the time it takes the package to arrive to the Returns Center, up to 5 business days to check in the item(s), and up to 5 business days for the refund to post to your account. <20Pcs Soft And Comfortable Hanging Ear Mask>"

i asked her how can I return something I never got? She says, "you did not receive items so you do not have to resend them." She then says anything else? and ends chat.

15 seconds later I get 2 emails (1 email for each item) from Walmart telling me

"We'll process the refund within 48 hours of the item being delivered to Joybuy. You'll need to send the item listed below back using the prepaid label at the end of this email, by May 21, 2020."

"We'll process the refund within 48 hours of the item being delivered to Mancro. You'll need to send the item listed below back using the prepaid label at the end of this email, by May 21, 2020."

I made it clear to the chat person that I never got the items...THAT is my complaint. But I get these in response. I give up. I guess I'll just eat the $100 and chalk it up to stupidity for ever using Walmart.Com in the first place.
I had an issue with a Walmart package -- said delivered but never got here (I suspect that it got delivered to another building by accident. If someone stole it they will be in for a disappointment as it was 20 lbs of cat litter.....)

I asked for the call back mechanism -- the wait time was estimated to be 2 hours, but it took 4. But..... once the customer service person came on the line (US based from the accent) she was very nice and understanding -- now my item said delivered... but I got an email saying the order was processing for a refund.
Perhaps try the call back? The CS person was clearly overwhelmed but was wonderful.

Reactions: jsn55 and DZ5
Apr 22, 2020
I ordered the 20 pack April 13 for arrival the 21st, yesterday. I had to Google to get a number for Walmart CS as the "contact us" tab kept flipping me to a chat box. The number said they were unable to answer in person per call volume & instructed me to go to the chat box & request a call back, which I did. Got one in approximately 2 hours (center outside US). The young woman was very helpful, was even aware of all the scam comments here. She had no record of where Mancro was located but had an email contact. She stated she would email them immediately for the status. They have 24 hours to respond. The CS rep will be calling me back tomorrow to let me know if she received a response. If not, she will be crediting me the purchase price. Apologized profusely. I signed up with USPS for tracking updates on the number I was given, here are the results so far....

April 22, 2020, 8:31 pm
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
Shipping Partner: INTERNATIONAL BRIDGE
Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 8:31 pm on April 22, 2020. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
April 20, 2020, 2:16 am
April 17, 2020, 10:40 pm
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
April 14, 2020, 6:34 am
Merchant Order Receipt Notification, USPS Awaiting Item

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
When you print a shipping receipt that’s what it says. Until you actually put the item in the mail nothing will update for tracking. It appears they are using an international shipper-
It’s likely they are coming from China.

DZ5

Apr 17, 2020
I ordered the 20 pack April 13 for arrival the 21st, yesterday. I had to Google to get a number for Walmart CS as the "contact us" tab kept flipping me to a chat box. The number said they were unable to answer in person per call volume & instructed me to go to the chat box & request a call back, which I did. Got one in approximately 2 hours (center outside US). The young woman was very helpful, was even aware of all the scam comments here. She had no record of where Mancro was located but had an email contact. She stated she would email them immediately for the status. They have 24 hours to respond. The CS rep will be calling me back tomorrow to let me know if she received a response. If not, she will be crediting me the purchase price. Apologized profusely. I signed up with USPS for tracking updates on the number I was given, here are the results so far....

April 22, 2020, 8:31 pm
Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 8:31 pm on April 22, 2020. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
April 20, 2020, 2:16 am
April 17, 2020, 10:40 pm
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
April 14, 2020, 6:34 am
Merchant Order Receipt Notification, USPS Awaiting Item
Although I never got any response from MANCRO...today I did receive the following e mail from JOYBUY (the other company I bought from):

Greetings from Joybuy.com

Regarding your order XXXXXXXXXXXX, we are sorry about the tracking update delay, however, we are writing to let you know things are still under control. There will be a 3-7 days update delay during this special period of time. We appreciate your support and understanding, meanwhile, we hope all is safe and sound with you and your family.

We've received a number of inquiries about the impact of the COVID-19 global outbreak on international shipping. Here is what we know at the moment:

1. There has been reduced air freight
2. Global Mail Slowdown
3. Reduced Courier Capacity
4. US Customs delay

Please be sure we have sent out your package and they will be delivered to you nicely. You may experience delays in receiving orders about 3-7 days. However, we will stay on top of any changes to the current situation, our customer service team is willing to provide accessible customer service to you and let you know what's going on.

If you have any other questions, please email to [email protected] or call us at +1 (302) 426-4543 during our business hours. We will endeavor to respond your email within 24 hours and Phone Customer Service time: Mon - Sun 9 am – 6 pm EST. Our Customer Service Team are ready to answer your questions or help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Regards,
Wendy Huang
Customer Service Team

Apr 23, 2020
Same happened to me. The tracking showed that the masks arrived at some midway point, so now they are stuck in limbo. I haven't (and don't expect at this point) received anything. No response from seller. Sandyt, how do I get ahold of someone on the phone with Walmart? I just want a refund, but there's no option because the package shows it's in the middle of shipping.

Apr 23, 2020
I also ordered masks from WalMart online. The vendor Mancro. When they didn't arrive as promised , WalMart refunded my money within 2 days. But I used our WalMart card. Not sure if that made a difference. I've since ordered really nice homemade masks from Etsy.com. From sellers here in Florida.
Dcliffo, can you send a link to the masks you ordered on Etsy, please?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
U
Same happened to me. The tracking showed that the masks arrived at some midway point, so now they are stuck in limbo. I haven't (and don't expect at this point) received anything. No response from seller. Sandyt, how do I get ahold of someone on the phone with Walmart? I just want a refund, but there's no option because the package shows it's in the middle of shipping.
[/Q}

She said she googled Walmart Customer Service phone number.

Reactions: Deke1102
Apr 10, 2017
Other than the scam vendor using the Walmart site, this has nothing to do with walmart. They generate a USPS tracking number and show the package somewhere in cyberland simply to keep you waiting for something that will never arrive. Walmart has a marketplace guarantee and they will refund you.

Apr 24, 2020
I also ordered these masks from Walmart. When I go to track my order, it says delayed. It has been delayed for quite some time. I messaged Walmart about the order, Walmart in return said that my message was sent to MANCRO and that I would receive a reply in 1 business day. That was a week ago. Contacted wALMART AGAIN about the order. Same response, still have not heard from MANCRO. Yes, This is truly a scam. I am having my bank remove this charge from my card!!!!