Voucher from consolidator

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 8, 2018
Jan 23,2020, I purchased 2 one-way 1st tickets from BusinessClassConsolidator for $5000 +.
AA (FAT-ATL for May 30th)Virgin Atlantic (ATL- MAN) for May 31st. Our tour was cancelled due to Covid-19. AA will give us a credit voucher to be used within 2 years.($1000+) BCC says we have an $1800 credit Virgin Atlantic rather than $4000. What happened to our other $2200 for the 2 -1st class tickets from ATL to MAN? Our tour was rescheduled for June,2021.
BCC says “prices will be dropping, difference in price could be $400pp. Still a great price!” I’m not so sure! I want a voucher for full price I paid for Virgin Atlantic.
Am I being reasonable?

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
The problem is you purchased tickets from a consolidator rather than the airline. These types of tickets are attractive because the price is normally much less than what the airline sells them for, the negative is if you don't use them for any reason the restrictions may leave little or no value. The credit or vouchers being offered by the airlines normally will not apply to bulk/contracted tickets purchased from consolidators since these are not sold by the airline directly. These types of tickets are sold and under the administration of the consolidator, not the airline.

Any available credit or refund will be based on the consolidator's terms or their extenuating circumstance policy at the time you purchased or canceled the booking. You should carefully review those terms and any extenuating circumstance policy offered by BCC to ensure they are properly following them in your case. If they are not, you should write them pointing out the terms that are not being followed. The following post will explain how to best to do this:

Due to the current crisis, many companies are taking much longer to respond. Some are only providing credits rather than refunds, even if the terms allow for a refund, due to financial problems as a result of this crisis. If they continue to not follow the terms of the booking, you may consider disputing the charge with your credit card and/or file a complaint with your State's Attorney General.

Sep 8, 2018
Thank you Dwayne! Great advice! Hard to resist a 50% or more reduction in airfare! Lesson learned!

Sep 8, 2018
BCC terms say ‘at least a $250 cancellation fee’, so they can charge and additional $800 Without Any Guilt. So sad, I still haven’t ‘signed’ the voucher. Still thinking of what to do!