Verizon Pre-Paid device deactivated and loss off unlimited plan

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 7, 2019
I have owned a Verizon pre-paid jetpack for 8+ years. I purchased a pre-paid device because I do not want a contract, and want the flexibility of adding money to my account, using it during vacation months, and not being charged when I don't use it. After all of these years of using the device as mentioned, Verizon implemented a policy late in 2018 where a device would get deactivated if not used in 60 days. I received no notification from Verizon, and communication regarding this change was made available on their web site. Hence, I stopped using the device in February, and planned on using it during the Summer months starting in June when i discovered the device was disconnected. I went to a Verizon store, got a new number and got it activated. However, upon logging into my account, i noticed the choice to select an unlimited plan was no longer available. Another policy change in May of this year implemented by Verizon removed the option for an unlimited plan for pre-paid customers. if you were a current customer you were grandfathered in. However, since my device was deactivated I was now on a new number that did not get grandfathered in. I do not think at all that these two changes implemented by Verizon were unrelated. This appears to me part of their plan to remove the unlimited option from their pre-paid customers. I have spoken to numerous people at Verizon and have gotten nowhere. I am looking to see if there are individuals who have had the same experience as I did. This was a very deceitful tactic, and Verizon is unwilling to make it right. I am looking for individuals to be part of a Class Action suit.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Verizon’s terms allow them to change their plans at any time and you agree to that when you sign up. Can you receive text messages on your phone?

We have company contacts on top of our page. Find Verizon’s and I would suggest that you state what you did here- you didn’t receive notice and were unaware of the change and ask if an exception can be made to grandfather you in back in.

Use the information on how to write effectively here:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Reactions: VoR61

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
Class action lawsuits are legal matters, something that is outside the purview of this forum. Additionally, you should refer to the terms and conditions that accompianed the product when you purchased it. I realize that few people read it but there may be some "subject to change without notice" language that enables Verizon to do this. Additionally, you may have been notified, but since you purchased it years ago, your contact information may have changed or an email was sent to spam.

Perhaps a polite letter using our company contacts could provide a goodwill gesture of a credit toward the purchase of a new plan.

Aug 7, 2019
I have spoken to about 5 supervisors, and escalated to their Executive Team yesterday pleading for help after spending too many hours on the phone, often getting mysteriously disconnected. Their stance as you all have indicated, is they can change the plan anytime they want, even it if results in a very poor customer experience. Although they have stated they will grandfather existing customers into the unlimited plan, they coincided this change with another change to deactivate devices after 60 days. A very clever ploy. They have acknowledged that they didn't HAVE to notify me. That was the stance from the Executive Team. I definitely did not get a notification, as I get other notifications from Verizon all the time related to this device - especially receipt of payment! I am looking for others who were subject to this deceitfulness by Verizon. Verizon is not willing to make this right.

FYI - this device is a prepaid Verizon jetpack

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Stop calling and start emailing. You want everything in writing. Use the thread I gave you that tells you how to write, starting at Customer Service and working up the executive chain one at a time, once a week.

They may not reinstate you as their site says they can change offerings but it doesn't hurt to try.

Reactions: BittyBoo and VoR61