Verizon Fios

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 25, 2018
Hello forum. I am going to write to Verizon to try and get out of my 2-year contract (the contract was renewed in 9/2019 because I wanted to add phone and it turns out I can't get phone services). Could you check my letter and give me recommendations on how to make sure its polite enough? Is it clear? Thank you!
Dear XXX,
I am writing to you with the hopes that I can cancel my Verizon Fios service and be released from my 2-year contract without early penalty.
I have been a customer of Verizon Fios since April 2018. When I signed up we selected Internet and TV services. In September of 2019 I wanted to add telephone services to my account. I spoke with a representative online and this was added to my account and this automatically locked me into a new 2-year contract.
For a few months now I have been trying to figure out how to actually plug a phone into my Verizon Fios system. In chat with a technician on January 16, 2020 I was told that since it was never properly hooked up I would have to have a home visit from a technician to install the service and that we would have to pay for the visit.
I do not want to pay for a service visit for a service I have been paying for the last 4 months and not been able to use. I would not have renewed my contract to add phone if I knew at the time that phone could not be added without paying extra for a service visit. Therefore, I respectfully request that you cancel my Verizon Fios service and release me from any early termination penalties.

Thank you,
XXXXX

Reactions: Pixie Pie and Tanya

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Hello forum. I am going to write to Verizon to try and get out of my 2-year contract (the contract was renewed in 9/2019 because I wanted to add phone and it turns out I can't get phone services). Could you check my letter and give me recommendations on how to make sure its polite enough? Is it clear? Thank you!
Dear XXX,
I am writing to you with the hopes that I can cancel my Verizon Fios service and be released from my 2-year contract without early penalty.
I have been a customer of Verizon Fios since April 2018. When I signed up we selected Internet and TV services. In September of 2019 I wanted to add telephone services to my account. I spoke with a representative online and this was added to my account and this automatically locked me into a new 2-year contract.
For a few months now I have been trying to figure out how to actually plug a phone into my Verizon Fios system. In chat with a technician on January 16, 2020 I was told that since it was never properly hooked up I would have to have a home visit from a technician to install the service and that we would have to pay for the visit.
I do not want to pay for a service visit for a service I have been paying for the last 4 months and not been able to use. I would not have renewed my contract to add phone if I knew at the time that phone could not be added without paying extra for a service visit. Therefore, I respectfully request that you cancel my Verizon Fios service and release me from any early termination penalties.

Thank you,
XXXXX
Speaking for myself, that seems perfect. It is brief, polite, and reasonable.