Vayama Cancellation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 3, 2020
We booked flights in November of 2019 from MCO to BUD return for travel on 7/27/20 - 8/27/20 using Vayama. In early April, American Airlines, a code share the segment of the BA reservation, cancelled the PHL to BUD flight segment. I contacted Vayama through e-mail stating I wanted to rebook onto an alternate flight from PHL to BUD on BA. Because the office/call center is closed due to COVID-19, I only received a form e-mail from them stating that they were busy and would contact us about our question. Yesterday, 5/2/20, Vayama cancelled my entire reservation. Several weeks ago, when I was unable to get in contact with Vayama, I contacted British Airways. They were willing to transfer us to an available flight on BA from PHL to BUD on the same travel date. The agent was ready to make the change and stated that BA would take ownership of the ticket, essentially eliminating Vayama from the equation. This was my demise - I told her I needed to check with my insurance that was purchased to verify it would still be valid and that I would call back. When I called back and spoke with a 2nd agent, I was informed we had to wait until closer to the travel date, as they would have ownership of the ticket and could make the change. The agent was unwilling to change the flight and continued to tell me I had to contact Vayama. Even though a prior agent had already agreed and made the changes, which I then cancelled on the call because of needing to check the insurance, the 2nd agent would not make the change, and repeatedly told me I had to contact Vayama. I had BA issued tickets and a BA record locator. All I could do was wait until 30 days before the booking to have them change it. On 5/2/20, Vayama cancelled the entire booking through e-mail and stated in the e-mail not to contact them as they would complete the process and issue a refund. Now I'm left in limbo as I don't know when or if a refund can be processed and I still need to fly on the scheduled dates. BA could not assist me this morning when I called and said Vayama would need to reinstate the booking. They could also not give me information about a refund. Vayama is only contacting clients through form emails and there is no way to get in contact with them about the booking. I could make a new reservation for the trip, however without knowing the finalized details, I'm reluctant to do so. I would like my ticket reinstated as I never asked for the reservation to be cancelled and alternate city pairings were available to maintain the trip. I'm at a loss of how to handle this situation and the Vayama customer service is appalling. I realize they are dealing with Millions of customers and thousands of Airlines, however, I would have liked options before they took it upon themselves to just cancel the entire reservation when an alternate flight was the solution to the problem from the beginning. They have caused their staff and us, the travelers, more work because of their choice to cancel without asking. Below is the cancellation e-mail from Vayama:

Vayama E-mail:
Your booking has been cancelled.

Due to the current coronavirus situation, the airline has cancelled your flights.

We will initiate the next steps in the process. You do not need to take any action for this. We check with the airline to see if you are eligible for a refund. If applicable, we will request the refund amount for you.

After you bought your ticket with us, the ticket amount was transferred to the airline. That is why, in case a refund is applicable, the airline is the one that needs to initiate the refund.

Due to the extreme pressure currently put on airlines and us caused by the Coronavirus, it can take a long time before you get an update on this as we are dependent on each airline's delays in processing refunds. At this time we cannot provide you with an exact indication of time.

We ask you not to contact us about this as we will be processing all cancellations without need for additional information from you. We will contact you via email once the process is finalised.

We regret the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What if BUD isn’t allowing Americans in to the country in July? This is the great unknown right now so you may not be flying at all.

You should try and make sure you are refunded for the flights and then rebook later IF they are even allowing flights going there. Then book directly with the airline so you know first hand what is happening and can get a refund without a third party being involved.

Here are our company contacts for Vayama (click on the red wording)

Reactions: jsn55
May 3, 2020
Vayama. They are responsible for the refund that BA will issue them and then onwards to us. But I never wanted the reservation cancelled to begin with. I only wanted to modify the flights.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
And that’s the problem using a third party and not booking directly. When one piece of a reservation is canceled, usually the rest of the flights are also canceled if they are booked as one ticket on one PNR.

Are the rest of your flights still scheduled?

Your best bet is to tell Vayama you want a refund and rebooking your own tickets directly through the airline.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
Vayama. They are responsible for the refund that BA will issue them and then onwards to us. But I never wanted the reservation cancelled to begin with. I only wanted to modify the flights.
Then these are unpublished fares, which are normally very restrictive fares, so it may be the airline won't allow other flights to be substituted. The airlines will rarely take over these types of fares prior to the date of departure.

More than likely as Neil indicated, you will probably need to obtain a refund and purchase new tickets. Unfortunately, due to the current crisis, many of the companies are barely operating, are more than likely experiencing financial issues due to slow processing by the suppliers who are also in financial distress.

Use our company contacts that Neil provided to make your request.

Reactions: Neil Maley