USPS re-shippment

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 17, 2020
Waukegan
Recently moved from another town and back. Being charged $10.90 to collect package. Already got free shipping with company. Doesn't make sense if package was forwarded.

Can I dispute with my bank if pay.

Jun 24, 2019
Recently moved from another town and back. Being charged $10.90 to collect package. Already got free shipping with company. Doesn't make sense if package was forwarded.

Based on how little information is provided, the only safe answer is no. You cannot voluntarily enter into a credit card transaction intending to dispute it.

Reactions: Dolphx
Mar 25, 2015
cali
If I am reading this correctly.

1. you placed an order, GIVING THE COMPANY your address.

2. you moved to a NEW address

3. your item arrived at your previous address because 'free shipping' means it took 2-4 weeks.

The company did nothing wrong. and it's USPS's policy to charge $$ for forwarding packages.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco

You think that UPS (a private for-profit company, they deliver packages) should handle delivering a package without charge? Or do you believe they're charging too much? Is it UPS ground or overnight delivery? Your dispute idea is fraud.

Jul 13, 2020
I am pretty sure you can drive back to your old area and pick the package up at the post office. Just contact them and let them know you will be picking it up in person and when. This will save you those fees.