Upgraded? New Data plan put in place and now I have a $700 phone bill.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 28, 2019
If you previously had one line and now you have two plus a new phone, an increase of $50 a month over your previous bill seems legit; or is this $50 MORE than you were told it would be?
But I wasn't asking for an additional line. that was ATT's suggestion to reduce the plan. Its $50 more than I was told in addition to fees and taxes.

The access fee is $50 for all plans.
If you have your own phone or AT&T Next, it is discounted to $15 for plans with limited data, $25 for plans wil unlimitted data.
If you have a device (iPad, wifi hotspot) with a two years contract, you pay the $50.

Note that AT&T salesmen are themseleves confused (or using the confusion) on this: AT&T Next 24 months is a 2 years loan at 0% interests (30-months actually), access line is $15 or $25.
AT&T 2 years contract is a discounted phone with 2 years contract, so $50 access fee.
So... why am I getting the $50 change now if I wasn't before? Don't you think they should tell me there's going to be an additional fee now? and If so, include that in the quoted cost? I had a $160 bill on average. all this happened and now nothings changed but a new phone and my bill is $230 a month? thats a $70 increase before taxes.

Nov 22, 2019
It is hard to tell without seeing the bill. Can you check online and see what changed? There should be charges for the plan, for the lines (the $25-$35 discount is here usually), and equipment. If you got a new equipment (including a wifi hotspot) it is possible that it explains the $50 if you didn't bought it full price. I know AT&T salesmen are the worst when it comes to give clear information on the next bill so you can also try to go to store (if you're confident now in the current situation) to get explanations.

Feb 28, 2019
The access fee is $50 for all plans. If you have your own phone or AT&T Next, it is discounted to $15 for plans with limited data, $25 for plans wil unlimitted data. If you have a device (iPad, wifi hotspot) with a two years contract, you pay the $50.
Note that AT&T salesmen are themseleves confused (or using the confusion) on this: AT&T Next 24 months is a 2 years loan at 0% interests (30-months actually), access line is $15 or $25. AT&T 2 years contract is a discounted phone with 2 years contract, so $50 access fee.
So are you saying that's an additional $50 a month? or overall?

I have still yet to resolve this issue. the biggest problem I have is I am unable to see what they are changing on my bill until the next billing cycle. AND then, it still doesn't make sense, because the PDF's I can download from my account are missing a ton of information at to what has been changed. The last rep I talked to suggested I print out all of my previous bills, so I could compare them. I did this but they are so confusing, its hard to make one month to another line up. the first bill has "group 1"

Then the next bill skips "group 2" but I am billed for "Group 1" and "Group 3"

Should I just contact one of the main contact over there now? I am going on 5 months of this.

Feb 28, 2019
Have you gone to a local store and asked for help?
It is hard to tell without seeing the bill. Can you check online and see what changed? There should be charges for the plan, for the lines (the $25-$35 discount is here usually), and equipment. If you got a new equipment (including a wifi hotspot) it is possible that it explains the $50 if you didn't bought it full price. I know AT&T salesmen are the worst when it comes to give clear information on the next bill so you can also try to go to store (if you're confident now in the current situation) to get explanations.
I went to a store a few months ago before Covid. They were just as confused as I and could not help me. I called another store about a month ago and they are the ones that suggested I print out the bills and find discrepancies between them.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Our suggestion was in post #2 - to use our company contacts (click on the red company name) and to write according to the post on how to escalate it. I don't know what you mean by the traditional route.

Please use the information in post 2.

Feb 28, 2019
Our suggestion was in post #2 - to use our company contacts (click on the red company name) and to write according to the post on how to escalate it. I don't know what you mean by the traditional route.

Please use the information in post 2.
By traditional I meant I was starting as the rules suggest, to work up the chain starting at the basic customer care, I have made it to the Loyalty team. The biggest issue as to why this is taking so long is because I cannot see or have access to see the changes that each representative makes to my account until the next billing cycle( Same goes for them as well). So I wait as the representatives tell me to until the next billing cycle happens. Its a guessing game hoping they figure it out. The last thing I was told to do was print out all of my bills and compare them to figure out the cost discrepancies. I did this, but there is so much vague information missing, its basically useless.

At this point I am writing to:

Primary Contact
Rachael Simon
Premium (Customer) Care – TV & Internet
208 S. Akard Street
Dallas, TX 75202
[email protected]

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
By traditional I meant I was starting as the rules suggest, to work up the chain starting at the basic customer care, I have made it to the Loyalty team. The biggest issue as to why this is taking so long is because I cannot see or have access to see the changes that each representative makes to my account until the next billing cycle( Same goes for them as well). So I wait as the representatives tell me to until the next billing cycle happens. Its a guessing game hoping they figure it out. The last thing I was told to do was print out all of my bills and compare them to figure out the cost discrepancies. I did this, but there is so much vague information missing, its basically useless.

At this point I am writing to:

Primary Contact
Rachael Simon
Premium (Customer) Care – TV & Internet
208 S. Akard Street
Dallas, TX 75202
[email protected]
In a week if you don’t hear from her, write to the next executive.